Why become a member? ×

Andy Summers Tele build

kevin_lindsay

Very nice Kevin. I put together a similar thing for my Police tribute band, only it was reliced to look like Andy's. The guys at the painted player did the routing, wiring mods and relicing. I just supplied the basic tele which I had put together previously from some parts I had lying around.
Mine doesn't have the Clapton boost circuit, it has some cheap boost circuit which, TBH, is rubbish. It's ok when it's switched in but it needs to be on minimum boost, then it adds a little more sparkle. That said, it was a great guitar before it was sent to them but now it really looks the part. (It's a poly finish, Fender Japan body, but on stage you can't really tell)

That was interesting Kevin. IIRC the original actually had a fuzz built in, and I'd thought the custom shop model reproduced that, but obviously not.

Fantastic job on the finishing, though I'm not so sure about the Fender Custom shop stickers even though you explained your stance to someone in the thread. Anyway, glad you're happy with your guitar.