Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-14 anyone got one?

stingrayPete1977

I have been looking at other forums and they literally are identicle to the 94, same electrics, same necks, hardware, full USA build etc but only in three colour options and no fancy top option saving a grand or more maybe and that's if you can get a 94 here. I think I want one!

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1409332068' post='2538771']

I almost bought one a while ago, the most comfortable 35" scale 5 string bass that I have ever played.
[/quote]
The 55-94 is a great high end bass that looks more subtle than most coffee table gear, I presume these new ones will be just the same, they have the exact same quarter sawn necks.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1409332403' post='2538775']

The 55-02 is the budget version of the usa built 55-94, these new models are the same as a 55-94 but just a more limited range of finishes, other than that they are a £3.5k bass for £2.3k.
[/quote]

Interesting value proposition. Good on 'em. Bringing the USA Laklands within reach of the £2k budget is a significant move.

That is my main sticking point, I dont need 4 five string basses, my classic is going no where, the black one is my rough gig or jam night bass and is a proper tool it is worth least by far too as its got a fretted neck instead of the fretless it was made with, so that leaves the blue one its worth a bit that would contribute a few quid to the lakland but I like that bass too, I bought it new and it was my first fiver, its been in a video with me, lol :D