Why become a member? ×

The 'Show us your Limelight!' thread

wateroftyne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1421180221' post='2658196']
Hey there Limelighters!

Those of you that have 70's-ish P's... do they have jumbo frets?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that one of the 2 Limelights I played did have jumbo frets...
Pretty sure, but not 100% certain, unfortunately (my ageing memory etc etc! lol)

But I've emailed Mark, and I think as long as he can source the correct neck, complete with Jumbo frets
He'll do it for you, however you specify....
Seems a great guy to deal with IMO

having seen 2 of these in the flesh (including the shell pink jazz above which has been bought by a Basschatter) i'm really gassing for one, in fact my perfect spec has already been built it's no 119, a sonic blue 62/3 with a medium relic, anyone on here own it?

[url="http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/sold_basses/limelight00119sonicblue.htm"]http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/sold_basses/limelight00119sonicblue.htm[/url]

and for those lusting after the shell pink Jazz, it's better than you could imagine!

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1421929844' post='2666685']
having seen 2 of these in the flesh (including the shell pink jazz above which has been bought by a Basschatter) i'm really gassing for one, in fact my perfect spec has already been built it's no 119, a sonic blue 62/3 with a medium relic, anyone on here own it?

[url="http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/sold_basses/limelight00119sonicblue.htm"]http://classicandcoo...19sonicblue.htm[/url]

and for those lusting after the shell pink Jazz, it's better than you could imagine!

Matt
[/quote]
This one was built for me to my spec - but unfortunately I never ended up buying it so it went elsewhere pretty quickly. Not sure where sorry.

[quote name='Legion' timestamp='1422001006' post='2667499']
This one was built for me to my spec - but unfortunately I never ended up buying it so it went elsewhere pretty quickly. Not sure where sorry.
[/quote]

oh well, i'm not sure if i want it to turn up for sale or not, the idea of specifying my own build is very tempting, maybe after i've bought a new bathroom and a new kitchen!

i think i'd specify the same as 119 but with a lighter relicing and a bridge cover.

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1421929844' post='2666685']

[url="http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/sold_basses/limelight00119sonicblue.htm"]http://classicandcoo...19sonicblue.htm[/url]

Matt
[/quote]

THIS!!!!

(Although I would spec a different colour undercoat)

I'm currently in discussions with Mark re a Phil Lynnott replica 70s Precision - black with maple fingerboard and a mirror plate. The brief is essentially 'what would his basses look like if PL was still with us?'. He has offered me a very generous trade-in on my Thunderbird which has eased the financial burden.

His basses will now come with either a black tolex or tweed case at cost which has nudged the price up accordingly but I think it still represents amazing value - May won't be able to get here quickly enough!!!

Edited by DaytonaRik

[quote name='Hector' timestamp='1422362411' post='2671569']
Well, this is on it's way to me soon. 63P in faded sonic blue, with lightest relic available. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
[/quote]

Very nice indeed. Are you going to get some ashtrays for it? Appropriately worn, of course! :)

Well, this is on it's way to me soon. 63P in faded sonic blue, with lightest relic available. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

[/quote]

that's the nicest yet! not helping my Sonic Blue P-Bass GAS!

[quote name='Hector' timestamp='1422396247' post='2672265']
Discreet, I was thinking of sticking with the nude look - always been more my thing ( :yarr: )
[/quote]

Well I'm always up for a bit of nudity, but on the other hand...

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1422404574' post='2672374']

[/quote]

Oooooh - so very nice!
Please, stop tempting me and making want more basses ;)

You know what? I don't think I've seen a Limelight that I don't like.....

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1422404574' post='2672374']

[/quote]

is that a Limelight or a Fender? regardless of what make it is i still love it! just the right amount of wear, the perfect colour and the covers just finish it off perfectly!

Matt

[quote name='Hector' timestamp='1422454355' post='2672860']
Oh man that looks amazing! Tempted to source some covers (and that's saying a lot as I usually hate how they get in the way).
[/quote]

They usually get in my way too, but there's something about chrome, blue and white... like a Cadillac with whitewall tyres. :)

This is s 57 Cadillac Coupe de Ville... the same year Leo unveiled his 'new' improved P Bass with split pickup, etc. etc.

Edited by discreet

[/quote]

Mother of God... :o
That may well be the finest Limelight yet! Of course, you [i]must[/i] fit the covers. Even if you take them off minutes later.