Why become a member? ×

Thunderbird. Gibson or ephifone?

afterimage

Thanks went along to dawsons in Liverpool to try one out wasn't happy with the construction. Fit and finish left a lot to be desired. On the thunderbird Gibson the epiphone. Was finished better. Also tried a eb basswasnt happy with that either but Nice sounds from both. Glanced. Over to fender rack. All looked. Better finished. And fit

Cort make some of the Epiphone instruments (maybe all?), they also make many of the Squier range, Ibanez too. That's probably why the Epiphone was well put together. You might find something you like but with their own name on the headstock - I've got 4 Cort built basses and I'm very happy with the fit and finish with all of them.

[quote name='afterimage' timestamp='1408734211' post='2533118']
Thanks went along to dawsons in Liverpool to try one out wasn't happy with the construction. Fit and finish left a lot to be desired. On the thunderbird Gibson the epiphone. Was finished better. Also tried a eb basswasnt happy with that either but Nice sounds from both. Glanced. Over to fender rack. All looked. Better finished. And fit
[/quote]

If you like a thunderbird, get an Epiphone thunderbird classic IV. Gibson USA pickups but less than £400 and similar quality control. About £450 if you get a case too. Much better than the price tag for the Gibson model!

Hi guys yes the. Gibson. Was nice tonally. But let down on neck finish. And not a good overall finish. The epi should have been the finish the Gibson should have had the 3 point bridge on Gibson you could see poor fittings where the screws fitted the eb I tried felt a bit cheap looks like some cost savings all around on the guitar. No comparison. To my mim geddy lee. Jazzz. Certainly. A might see a better one. Around so I may push the boat for one I always wanted a rickb 4003 or a different. Jazzz bass thanks everyone. For you thoughts and replies to this post. Cheers. Paul

Hi guys yes the. Gibson. Was nice tonally. But let down on neck finish. And not a good overall finish. The epi should have been the finish the Gibson should have had the 3 point bridge on Gibson you could see poor fittings where the screws fitted the eb I tried felt a bit cheap looks like some cost savings all around on the guitar. No comparison. To my mim geddy lee. Jazzz. Certainly. A might see a better one. Around so I may push the boat for one I always wanted a rickb 4003 or a different. Jazzz bass thanks everyone. For you thoughts and replies to this post. Cheers. Paul