Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - PLEASE CLOSE - FS/FT: Warwick P-Nut II - Final Price
£2000

gingerfish

Hi all,

So I've not had this long. Bought from Col and its been an amazing experience but I have a few different projects on the cards right now and a fretless would be an amazing addition to the stables to help this out. I do not have the cash to fund this and my 'vette is never going anywhere so. Without further ado, here for sale is my Warwick P-Nut II. It is a neck through construction Streamer with a humbucker and single coil.

The P-Nut and P-Nut II were strict limited editions so this is one of only 56. I have the certificates and all the case candy including the hard case. Also a german magazine reviewing the bass (Col bought it from a guy in Germany I believe).

Body wood is tigerwood with purple heart. Neck is wenge with purple heart stringer. Fretboard is tigerstripe ebony, it has the custom inlays for the signature bass too. 34" scale. Have a set of Warwick strap locks that the bass will come with.

There were two small knocks on the bass when I got it. Both looked like they had been on the bass for some time. The one of the headstock I have not touched. The other was on the top edge of the body, this I found would catch on shirts and my arm so I have had it steamed/sanded out. bass has lost a small amount of patina (not visible from the front, only from the top) but is so much more player friendly. I will get some photos of this on Monday when I am back in Sheffield.

Bass is located in Sheffield but I will be willing to travel with fuel being covered to meet within reasonable distance.

Also have family in Swindon/Newbury so travel down there once a month or so.

I hope Col doesn't mind me using his photos but they do they bass a great service.

Straight sale is ideal. Will consider most bass offers. Must be 5 strings. Ideally less than £1000 plus some pennies my way. Very interested in a fretless.

[b]Now offering a bigger drop. Trying to avoid shipping this but looks like it will be the only way. price is now [s]£1899[/s] £1800[/b]

[b]Link to high resolution photos - [url="https://imageshack.com/a/Pqrz/1"]https://imageshack.com/a/Pqrz/1[/url][/b]

[attachment=169845:IMG_5108.jpg]

[attachment=169846:IMG_5110.jpg]

[attachment=169847:IMG_5111.jpg]

[attachment=169848:IMG_5112.jpg]

[attachment=169849:IMG_5113.jpg]

[attachment=169850:IMG_5114.jpg]

[b]FINAL EDIT[/b]

[b]Thanks to all those who got in touch and I'm sorry we were unable to do a deal.[/b]

[b]Cheers[/b]

[b]Jon[/b]

Edited by gingerfish

This really is an incredible piece of bass luthiery. Perfect in every way.
I can feel the GAS beginning to come alive....the person that buys this will be lucky indeed.

Oof....suits you sir.

Good luck with the sale mate.

Thanks Col. She is a stunner but unfortunately just not the bass I need right now.

Added a link to some photos of the topside and some images of the case and assorted candies.

Any questions please let me know guys.

Edited by gingerfish

[quote name='MarkusWarwick' timestamp='1409001017' post='2535468']
Cant see any o the extra pics :(
[/quote]

they are on the imageshack link mate :)

Love this, those pics that Col took almost made me take it off him when he still had it, but he had already sold it to you! ;)

A little too rich for me now, but looks like a complete corker. GLWTS! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really wish I could justify buying this. It looks amazing, and I'm a Warwick fan, and having spent three years living in the USA in the mid '90s I heard all of the best of P-Nut's output, and opened for 311 a couple of times too when they came through our town.

There aren't many basses that catch my eye like this one. Can't believe it hasn't been snatched yet.

Thinking of changing up my rig to something more lightweight so if you have a bareface cab or such let me know.

I'm in Swindon this weekend so if any interested parties from down south want to try the bass let me know I can bring it down. Need to know today ideally though might just take it in case. Saturday is busy but Sunday would be free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Tandro' timestamp='1414708673' post='2592643']
Oh, there is interest...just no where near my financial reach. At least I get to look at the pictures every time I open this thread. I'll be sad when this is gone.
[/quote]

Cheers Tandro. It is a beaut and a great bass to play. I'll be sad to see it go as I doubt I'll ever come across one again in a hurry.

I know I offered you a Gibson but theres been a change of plan. Ive got a Martin acoustic which is for sale, its on the 'other musical instrument' section. I'm hoping that will sell which may open up the possibility of a deal. Check it out, its the Martin D37k
Cheers

Col