Why become a member? ×

Was EBS vs Aguilar, but now also thinking GK MB500 fusion

scoobystig

Hi I'm after a new rig

And I have tried out a EBS reidnar head coupled with 2x neoline 112 cabs and also an aquilar tone hammer 500 on 2 vanderklay 112 cabs

My question to users of these amps is

Will this cab and amp combo be powerful enough to play in a heavy rock band (metallica, iron maiden, acdc ) type music

2x guitarist and enthusiastic drummer

Thanks for your input

Edited by scoobystig

While neither of these rigs are what I'd imagine seeing on a heavy rock gig, the TH500 is a very loud 500 watts and the Reidmar is a loud 250 watts.

We might have totally different ideas on what loud is, but at 100 to 150 watts each amp will probably sound equally loud. IME the Aguilar will be able to keep going, and go louder with more headroom.

The difference will depend on how loud [i]you[/i] have to go in this band.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that the 112 Neos are not the greatest cab compared to others out there... The EBS 2x12 is probably my fave EBS cab... however, 2 of the 1x12 Neolines don't cut it... unless you like farts that is.

The Reidmar is a fantastic piece of kit... as is the Aguilar. You can't make a decision without hearing them though - they are very different. See Aguilar as more old school sounding and the Reidmar as more hifi. You can take the hifi out of the Reidmar but you can't add the hifi to the Aguilar. Find out which tone is more to your liking.

Hi guys

After trialling a lot of guitarists we have decided to stick to 1 main guitarist and myself on bass with my trusty unibass pedal to fill the holes

He is playing through and the unibass goes through a line 6 combo so no massive 4x12s to cope with

Any one know what the Aguilar gs112 cabs are like or would it suit two berg 112's

Even now considering the GK fusion 500 and 2x GK 112 neo cabs. Any thoughts

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1409853384' post='2544020']
I'd say the EBS with Classic cabs may struggle but depends on your version of loud.

What are the gtrs gigging..??

I doubt either will have enough balls, tbh... but they may just get there in terms of volume
[/quote]

Jtuk. I was going for the neo cabs not the classics

GS112's are great cabs with a lot of depth.
Some say they are scooped ..and I'd agree with that in a good way.
The only reason I moved mine on was because I wanted more mids in them
but they were fantastic for me when I had new strings on.
I went for Bergs 12's which have more mids but they can't compete with the low end
of the GS112's. IME.
I far prefer ceramics to all the NEO's I've used but suspect I am in the minority
if people put weight first.

Out of the above the only one I`ve not had is the Shuttlemax. I`ve had two PF500s, the first worked fine, the second didn`t make it through the 1st rehearsal. If looking at these I`d go for the PF800 - yet to read any reports of failures.

Tone-wise I reckon all will suit what you`re after. Again, discounting the Shuttlemax as not had one, I found the GK MB Fusion to be the most versatile, but my fave of them all was the Little Mark Tube. The tube doesn`t really do much, just puts a sheen/some hair around the edges of the sound, but what a sound. Really great amp.