Why become a member? ×

Can I get a Low B Silver Slap?

fretmeister

I have just bought a lovely NXT 5 string and I'm after some lower tension strings.

I've seen Walbassists's youtube clip of his BSX and the Silver Slap set sounds just right, especially while my EUB virgin hands get stronger.

I also noticed that Wallbassist got a Low B, but they are not on the Innovation shop site - are they a special order, and if so, how do I order?

ta!

Hi Fretmeister,
This is a new one on me... Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I was waiting to speak to the factory before getting back to you.

It turns out that we don't make a B for the silver slaps, so I can only guess that Tony, the old chief tech at the factory made them as specials (in which case they would have been a "best guess" experiment) Perhaps walbassist could confirm?

That said, I'll see if we can find the formula in his old note books, in which case we might be able to sort something.... Otherwise, I'll add it to my list and try and come up with a new formula for you asap...

Cheers,
Daf

[quote name='daflewis' timestamp='1409045353' post='2535679']
It turns out that we don't make a B for the silver slaps, so I can only guess that Tony, the old chief tech at the factory made them as specials (in which case they would have been a "best guess" experiment) Perhaps walbassist could confirm?

That said, I'll see if we can find the formula in his old note books, in which case we might be able to sort something.... Otherwise, I'll add it to my list and try and come up with a new formula for you asap...
[/quote]

Yes, Tony made me two to try out, each slightly different from t'other. I am inclined, therefore, to send fretmeister the one I've been using for a while and pop the new one on, so I can try them both. He labelled one "No 1" and one "No 2", so if Daf finds the formula we can tell which is which.

That's great - Thanks!
If you do try both, please let me know which you prefer (assuming tony used different colours on the silks), and we'll try and sort out adding it to the catalogue... :)
Ta!
Daf
Edit: sorry just noticed that you mentioned that tony labeled them... Perfect! :)

Edited by daflewis