Why become a member? ×

Some FX advice needed

sharkboy

Right, as part of my major rig upgrade, I'm contemplating getting rid of the GT6B as it all seems a bit of overkill and I barely begin to scratch the surface of what it can do. I am hoping that with the imminent arrival of my TC Electronics Blacksmith head all my overdrive/pre-amp boost/compression requirements will be sorted out. I figure that leaves me with delay and chorus (and possibly octaver) to sort out - I'm already using a Digitech BSW, but mainly to piss off the guitarist (is there any better reason?), so the synth and wah is sorted.

So, my question to you - what's the best stompboxes out there to give me what I need? I really don't want to go to boutique prices (with my recent purchases I may regret downsizing the cabs because if I spend much more the mrs might make me live in one!), so say around £100 per pedal. So far I'm liking what I hear about the EBS Unichorus and Octabass, but they're kinda out of the budget. So, not too much to ask for, I know, but anything else out there that can give me what they do at around half the price?

Guest FretNoMore

Lots to choose from, at £100 you may have to look for "pre-owned" ...

Delay ...
- MXR Carbon Copy is a well liked analog delay
- TC Flashback another more versatile digital option

Chorus ...
- MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe (a bit subtle, traditional modulation, flanger as bonus)
- Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus, versatile, traditional modulation plus detune and multivoice modes

Edited by FretNoMore

The octabass comes in at just over your budget at £105 here http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/ebs-octabass-1038-p.asp
The chorus is quite a lot more ;)
As fretmeister mentioned above, secondhand pedals might be the way to go. I have seen octaves going for £65-80.
Chorus pedals are almost as individual as drive pedals. Everyone has their favourite. It may be worth grabbing something to start with and using that until the funds are free to achieve the multichorus. The boss chorus pedals are a great place to start- IMO boss do chorus seriously well ( love the ce5 and ceb3)