Why become a member? ×

August Composition Challenge - VOTING TIME!

Skol303

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1409360950' post='2539084']
Mac OSX and Safari.
[/quote]

That’s odd… :unsure: I've just tested it in Safari [i](version 7.0.6)[/i] on my own Mac [i](OSX 10.9.4)[/i] and all of the tracks are playing ok.

I'll do some Googling in the morning and try to find out what might be the problem.

Just came across this competition - although I've been a member of and a big fan of Basschat for several years.

Great idea - a shame that the numbers of votes are so few.

I did try to leave comments on the Soundcloud page but it didn't go on - do you have to be a member/sign in to leave a comment???

:unsure:

[quote name='Stompbox' timestamp='1409395789' post='2539282']I did try to leave comments on the Soundcloud page but it didn't go on - do you have to be a member/sign in to leave a comment???[/quote]

Yeah, you need to have a SoundCloud account in order to leave comments (free to set up if you're interested).

Otherwise you're very welcome to post any feedback here - it's always hugely appreciated and we all have thick skins, so be as constructively critical as you like :D

[quote name='Stompbox' timestamp='1409395789' post='2539282']...
I did try to leave comments on the Soundcloud page but it didn't go on - do you have to be a member/sign in to leave a comment???...
[/quote]

I believe so; you could leave comments here, of course, if you're not comfortable signing up for Soundcloud.
Thanks for the interest shown. Well done, that man. B)[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='Stompbox' timestamp='1409395789' post='2539282']

I did try to leave comments on the Soundcloud page but it didn't go on - do you have to be a member/sign in to leave a comment???

:unsure:
[/quote]

Yes you do. Bit like Youtube in that respect.

Well done everybody. I have one that I like best, and one that I think represents the picture best - what to do?.....

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1409436911' post='2539778']...
Well done everybody. I have one that I like best, and one that I think represents the picture best - what to do?.....
[/quote]

Same as all of us: you decide. :rolleyes:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4] [/size][size=4] :lol:[/size]

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1409437589' post='2539787']
Fair enough - In the end I went for the one whose Soundcloud track's shape most resembled a penis
[/quote]

I always compose my pieces like that, fishing for the 'ladies' vote. I even titled it, this month, 'The Climax'..! Hasn't worked so far, though; my track's a flop. :blush:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1409437754' post='2539790']

I always compose my pieces like that, fishing for the 'ladies' vote. I even titled it, this month, 'The Climax'..! Hasn't worked so far, though; my track's a flop. :blush:
[/quote]

Haha, ironically, yours is the one I voted for as I have a very unusual frame of reference :-D

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1409437949' post='2539793']
Haha, ironically, yours is the one I voted for as I have a very unusual frame of reference :-D
[/quote]

:blush:[size=4] Oh dear..! I'm now feeling a bit of a pr*ck..! :o[/size]

Edited by Dad3353

Well I wasn't expecting that. Especially as my effort had the least to do with the picture! But then I suppose it's not all about the picture...

Well done everyone. Gary (lowdown) got my vote this month with Bilbo and Mr Smalls a very close joint second. Good production by all and special credit to first-timer Bass Bus! Hopefully the start of more to come :)

I'll kick-start the new challenge sometime today.

Cheers,

Paul

Great stuff Skol and well done mate. Very well put together.

Interesting listen yesterday, and some good ideas.
I was truly stuck between Bilbo and Skol.
My usual criteria for voting went out the window this month,
(Connection of music and picture).

Bilbo just got my vote in the end, I liked the motifs/themes.
(I'm kinda old skool/old git in that respect).
Top job everyone.

Jolly good, Skol, well up to standard, despite your sense of urgency when posting your entry..! Indeed, that goes for all the pieces this month. Good stuff from all.

Hmm... Just had a look at the photo for September. Another corker; what the heck can I do with [i]that[/i]..? Hmm... Now then, let's just see; what if ...? :unsure:[size=4] [/size][size=4] [/size][size=4] [/size]