Why become a member? ×

Musicman Bongo - CRAZY deal

ChunkyMunky

I was browsing eBay for a (right handed) 5 string Musicman Bongo and came across this. I hope someone gets a great deal out of it! :)

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Music-Man-Bongo-4HH-Sterling-Silver-Bass-Left-Handed-Lefty-/161403595545?pt=Guitar&hash=item2594676b19"]http://www.ebay.com/...=item2594676b19[/url]

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1408985943' post='2535258']
How is this a crazy deal?
[/quote]

Starting bid at around £360. Considering I picked my Bongo up from lurking, I got it for $800. I was hoping someone would end up potentially have the same good luck as I did. Considering these would go for about $1200 on average, a $600 starting bid means someone is going to inevitably get a good deal. :)

[quote name='ChunkyMunky' timestamp='1409007667' post='2535542']
Considering these would go for about $1200 on average, a $600 starting bid means someone is going to inevitably get a good deal. :)
[/quote]
Someone may well get a good deal but there is nothing inevitable about any auction.

We will only know for sure if it was a crazy deal or not when the auction ends and not before.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1409038269' post='2535609']
Someone may well get a good deal but there is nothing inevitable about any auction.

We will only know for sure if it was a crazy deal or not when the auction ends and not before.
[/quote]

Of course. It's only out of good intentions and it's not a certainty.

[quote name='Nodd' timestamp='1409603416' post='2541487']
Wow!
did you see the price it went for!
fab price, fab bass.
[/quote]
Yes, great if you're located in the U.S.

If you're in the UK add shipping + insurance + import duty and you're looking at a lot more than the price it went for.

I doubt if you'd get much change out of £700. :(

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='Nodd' timestamp='1410177529' post='2546768']
+50%? really?
[/quote]
Not sure about 50% but you could add approximately 25% for import charges plus shipping and insurance on top of that depending on what courier the seller uses.

I've imported a few basses from the U.S. and they all look like bargains before you start adding on the shipping, insurance and customs charges. :)

Edited by BetaFunk