Why become a member? ×

Aria SB-1000 Reissue, 2004, John Taylor model
£925

Reese2101

Now selling this beautiful Aria SB-1000 JT model from Denmark. I am Danish so bear with me if I have made any grammar or spelling mistakes :-).
I bought this bass around half a year ago by a fellow bassist in England. His original listing is here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/228545-now-sold-aria-sb1000-jt-john-taylor-signature-model-reduced/"]http://basschat.co.u...-model-reduced/[/url]

And I have absolutely loved playing this bass. Perharps the most comfortable bass I have ever tried. I am huge John Taylor and Cliff Burton fan so I had to have this. But sadly I have to part with this bass :( ..since one of my friends is willing to sell me another Aria SB-1000 reissue in padouk red :rolleyes: !!! I am weak so I could not refuse that offer. Apparently I am a sucker for Aria basses but my pockets are not fully stacked.
The bass is in excellent condition, just as new really, thanks in part to Jim, the original owner who sold it to me. It has not noticable dings or dents!!!. I have taken good care of it. I gave the fretboard a bit of lemon oil once I received it, cleaned any dirt and grease and put on a new pair of Rotosound strings.
It really brings out that familiar Aria sound with the possibility of accentuating the upper and low mids via the active circuit. The string spacing at the bridge is 19mm like on most standard Fender basses and the nut width is somewhere between a jazz and a precision bass. It has fairly low action so you can really do some fast playing. Otherwise the specs are as described by Jim in his orginal listing. It's in Oak finish with some nice "grain".
I have added i few extra pictures taken right after I had polished the fretboard and put on the new strings. The bass hasn't become worse in the last months. Maybe a little dust here and there, nothing that can't be wiped away with a piece of cloth :rolleyes: . The strings are still "zingy" even though I have played it a lot lately.
I have listed the bass at almost the same price that I gave for it originally. So I'm really not able to do much back and forth trading. I'm not trying to earn a buck but I'm trying not to loose too much money at the same time. Just enough to pay for the new strings.
I am currently looking into the cost of shipping to Great Britain from Denmark. I estimate it may be somewhere around 60 to 80 £ using Post Denmark which is the Danish national postal service.
If you have any questions please leave a message in here or contact me directly on basschat.co.uk.

Here is a link to a few pictures:

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/peteraam/library/Aria%20Pro%20II%20SB-1000%20JT?sort=2&page=1

Edited by Reese2101

Oh yes, forgot to say. The weight of the bass is 4.5 kg. or 9.14 pounds so it's not the lightest bass ever but it balances extremely well. No neck dive or anything like that. I'm mentioning this because the original Aria basses from the late 70's early 80's had a tendency to weigh the same as a ships anchor :D

[quote name='Reese2101' timestamp='1408976236' post='2535109']
Oh yes, forgot to say. The weight of the bass is 4.5 kg. or 9.14 pounds so it's not the lightest bass ever but it balances extremely well. No neck dive or anything like that. I'm mentioning this because the original Aria basses from the late 70's early 80's had a tendency to weigh the same as a ships anchor :D
[/quote]

I believe the correct unit of measurements is 'Belgiums'

Bumps must observe the 36-hour rule though, as per the pinned topic at the top of this forum.

Nice bass!

Oh yes my bad. It is of course 9 lbs and 14 ounces, so nearly 10 lbs. I am not used to measuring in pounds, I guess .
And honestly, I hadn't noticed saw the 36-hour bumping rule until right after my bump.
So evidently, I am both imcompetent and blind :rolleyes: .
But then I'll use this bumping opportunity to lower the price of this nice bass to:

£900 !!!

For those of you who may not about the Aria SB-1000, here is a nice review from Interactive guitar magazine:

http://www.iguitarmag.com/magazine-editions/guitar-interactive-issue-14/reviews/aria-sb1000rib-bass-guitar/

Found it yesterday and thought he must have stolen my bass :-). This bass has a black chrome bridge and tuning heads instead of the one shown in the review that has the gold tinted chrome hardware. The finish is pretty much the same. Although, it does have a "brighter" and more "shiny" tone when it's in an environment, that is lit up more.
But the sound is spot on. No question about that. The high-pass filter switch really opens up a lot of musical possibilites, but it is loud and clear, even in passive mode.
Of course, the really famous "Aria tone" comes when choosing the last position, accentuating the high mids at a frequency of (I believe) 1.4 khz.

I'll also post a link from "zumazmusic" at Youtube who does a small review of his original, 1981 SB-1000 model:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6CxlKPi7-8

Again the sound is replicated very well on the reissue models (the pickups are the same), but the reissue models have more neck taper than the original models. I personally prefer that.
Be sure to look at some of his other videos, where he makes a bunch of Duran Duran covers.
This model was also originally used by Cliff Burton and used on the "Master of Puppets" album. So a really versatile pop and rock bass.

Edited by icastle
Link Fixed.

Offers haven't been quite close enough, so now I am going to do the unthinkable. Make a SIGNIFICANT price reduction of 130 pounds to a price of:

£740 !!!

Now I am really taking a loss on it, and I don't see myself doing anymore reductions. Now, hoping to see some fair counter offers. This bass is in an immaculate condition, just shy of new. And the new ones have a retail price of around £2000 in England.

Also, I have looked through various carrier or shipping companies in Denmark. I have decided to use a famous company in Denmark called:
www.pakke.dk.
They offer the possibility of insuring the package at a small extra cost. The total cost of shipping to most postal codes in England is 750 Danish krones or £80. But then the package will also be fully insured. The website is also in English (click the tag in the upper right corner of the website) and you can check the cost of shipping to areas with your postal codes, yourselves.
As package size and weight I have used: Weight: 15 kg. Length: 140 cm. Height: 20 cm. Width: 40cm.
The case is actually a little bit smaller but just on the safe side.

• 3 weeks later...

Last time since I made the last bump.
I have added freshly new pictures. Here is the link:

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/peteraam/library/Aria%20Pro%20II%20SB-1000%20JT?sort=2&page=1

I have installed totally new Gotoh machine heads (GB720) and bridge (J510B0-4) in gold. These are worth more than £100 !!!
Of course the black ones follows the bass.
Also, I have installed brand new DR-Hi-Beam strings on the bass. It is just like a new bass.

Please contact me if you are interested in knowing more.