Why become a member? ×

Fender Nate Mendel Precision Bass
£500

sirmuppet

[color=#ff0000][b]Price [/b][/color][s][color=#000000][b]£500[/b][/color][/s][color=#ff0000][b] £475[/b][/color]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi guys.

Parting with my Nate Mendel Precision bass. It's a killer bass with a great spec. Perfect condition, fully working. Comes with Gig bag, additional neck plate, papers, tags, stickers...

Selling as I favour my Mark Hoppus bass with the wider neck.

Any questions just ask. I'll accept Cash on collection, bank transfer or Paypal. If paying by Paypal then I'll send an invoice so you're fully protected under their guidelines. Welcome to come and try it out. Postage anywhere within the mainland UK is £20.[/font][/size]

[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#ff0010][b]Here's the spec form Fender:[/b][/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Throughout a long career that started with hardcore punk and flourished first with Sunny Day Real Estate and then the Foo Fighters, there has really only been one main instrument for melodic yet hard-hitting bassist Nate Mendel--his 1971 Precision. Fender now brings you the Nate Mendel P Bass, modelled after his beloved, battle-hardened instrument.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]The Nate Mendel P Bass shares the same subtly idiosyncratic and distinctive features as the original, with special body contours, extra-slim neck and nut width, a lightly worn Candy Apple Red finish with a black pickguard, a powerful Seymour Duncan® Quarter Pound™ split single-coil pickup, Badass II bridge for rock-solid sustain and stability, and Mendel's signature on the headstock. It also comes with a spare neck plate engraved with a special hybrid Foo Fighters/Fender logo and a deluxe gig bag. Tour bus and platinum records not included.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333][b]Fender Nate Mendel P Bass Features:[/b][/color][/font][/size][/color][list]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Body Material: Ash[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Neck: Maple, Slim "C" (based on Mendel's '71 Precision Bass®)[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Fretboard: Rosewood[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Nut Width: 1.615" (41.02 mm)[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]String Nut: Synthetic Bone[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Pickups: Seymour Duncan® SPB-3 Quarter Pound for P Bass®[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Hardware: Chrome[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Tuning Keys: Vintage '70s Fender® Stamped Open Gear Tuning Machines[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Bridge: Leo Quan Badass® II[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Strings: Fender® USA 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]Unique Features:, Slim neck with smaller nut width, Seymour Duncan® Quarter Pound pickup, Lightly Road Worn® lacquer finish, Extra neck plate included with "Fender/Foos" logo[/color][/font][/size]
[/list]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Here's some photos I took at work of it.[/font][/size]

Edited by sirmuppet

Now that's a great P-bass. I have one myself, I'm very happy with it. It has even become my main gigging bass over the last year. Very lightweight because of the swamp-ash body but heavy in the sound department. Also very comfortable to play because of the '71 type neck.

Amazing pics mate.

These P-Bass are really cool... Slim neck, Candy Apple Red colour, Badass and a Quarter Pounder p/up. What's not to like?

Btw, how would you compare it to the Mark Hoppus sig. bass? Same p/up but I'm guessing different sound due to the body wood.

GLWTS!

Edited by Byo

[quote name='Byo' timestamp='1409098463' post='2536372']
Amazing pics mate.

Thanks. I have a photo studio at work I can use so it helps. :D

These P-Bass are really cool... Slim neck, Candy Apple Red colour, Badass and a Quarter Pounder p/up. What's not to like?

Btw, how would you compare it to the Mark Hoppus sig. bass? Same p/up but I'm guessing different sound due to the body wood.

GLWTS!
[/quote]

Yeah they are killer basses. Like I said I prefer my Hoppus bass, also my P-Bass special is Candy Apple Red with a Badass bridge. So I have the slim neck badass combo covered, plus my special has been through a few gigs with me.

I find the Nate Mendel resonates more. Both have Ash bodies or at least the newer Hoppus basses do. There is a difference in tone, I think the Nate has more treble on tap and hits different frequencies than the Hoppus does but you can roll the tone down to tame it if you need to. The string through on the Hoppus means you get the mass from the body on the Hoppus, so a Badass isn't needed for that though I do like the feel and look of a badass.

I'd say they are similar in some ways. Both play great but feel VERY different. The Nate is easier to play. The Hoppus is a beast in the weight department 11+ pounds!!! The Nate is very light. If I didn't already have my P-bass special I'd be keeping this.

Forgot to say I'm based in Dundee.

Edited by sirmuppet

I know what you mean. I looked at the previous prices they've gone for on here and some have met £550! Considering Fender have stopped putting the Badass bridges on their models I'm wondering if the models that have them will go up in value in the future? Only time will tell I guess.

Hi tom1946.

I got my trusty Stew Mac gauge out and it comes in at a fraction over 2mm at the 12th fret on the bass side. Not sure of you can tell from the picture. Hope this helps.

[IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq170/ferengo/Instruments/Fender%202012%20Precision%20Bass%20Nate%20Mendel/2014-09-01192638_zpsc2fbf6c7.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks, G.