Why become a member? ×

*WITHDRAWN* Fender 1974/75 Precision Body Black
£425

I have for sale a 1974/1975 Fender Precision body. It has been refinished in Nitro black paint.
In its lifetime it has had an extra rout for a Jazz pickup and an extension in the control cavity for a battery.
Both of these routs have been professionally repaired with alder prior to a refin.

The repair to the cavity is extremely hard to see (and photograph) and the repair where the extra pickup was is more visible in some lighting - you can make out the edges of the repaired area. Again this was very hard to photograph so it's not by any means a bad job. I've tried to catch it in the last photo.

The only other quirk is a broken off screw in the centre bridge mount position. This has been left in and a new screw does go into the hole and tighten. I just want to be clear that it is in there, although pushed to the side and out of the way. This in no way affects the proper mounting of the bridge. The only option here was to remove and dowel the hole which is still an option.

It is a very light body weighing 2kg.

I'm happy to post it at cost or meet somewhere in London. Collection is OK too.

Thoughts on price via PM welcomed.

[attachment=170205:IMG_0071.JPG][attachment=170206:IMG_0074.JPG][attachment=170207:IMG_0075.JPG][attachment=170208:IMG_0076.JPG][attachment=170209:IMG_0077.JPG][attachment=170210:IMG_0079.jpg]

Edited by CH161