Why become a member? ×

Want to see what an eBay seller regarded as a 'small neck twist'?

funkyjimbob

Ouch! That looks erm, interesting! However, looking at the twist and the location of it, it looks repairable by a GOOD luthier, IE, someone like Brian Eastwood (noted for things like the Bender Collision bass).

I popped into Steve Curtis in Manchester too, and he's got a Streamer Stage in at the moment with a reversed bow in the neck, which he's in the process of straightening - I've seen him bring back some things which I'd say were well and truly gone! With the right guy, that could potentially be one of the cheapest acquired Infinitys yet!

Before you take the bass to a luthier you might be able to release some of the twist yourself. I just had a look online about this problem and apparently Gibsons (they're often set necks aren't they?) can develop a twist, so with yours being a neck through...

"Gibsons often suffer from truss-rod twist BTW - it produces a twist where the headstock is rotated counterclockwise relative to the body, when looking down the neck from the head end. You can often tell if it's this by slackening the truss-rod entirely and leaving the guitar to settle down for a few days - if the twist goes away, it's this. You can often help it by lubing the truss-rod adjuster before retightening it, since the twisting force is caused by unreleased friction between the nut and the D-plate, not the compression force itself."

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=155121

Hi guys,
Thanks for all your advice.
It is currently off to a luthier in Coventry who has dealt with Warwick neck twists before so fingers crossed! After I took the strings off the twist seems have come slightly less severe... It might have something to do with the temperature and humidity over here compared to where it has come from?
Anyway, I am not holding out too much hope but you never know. I have other Warwicks too so could use the spare hardware. I'll keep everyone updated.
Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah it's cool isn't it. Plays and sounds a dream too..I've had loads of Warwicks and this is probably the nicest sounding one I own/have owned.
Well the seller has 2 recent negative feedback comments on eBay in regards to not shipping basses which is strange considering he was so quick to help me in the dispute we had. Has read my comments to him too but just ignoring them.. No information on the next purchase off of him also. May leave it a few weeks and try again.

Personally, I feel that if he has read the message you sent and not even bothered sending a reply then I would just leave it. If it was me I would be jumping all over you to get it back if that was what I wanted.

Edited by happynoj

• 4 weeks later...