Why become a member? ×

Want to see what an eBay seller regarded as a 'small neck twist'?

funkyjimbob

I bought a Warwick Infinity off of eBay last week that the seller described as having[color=#141823][font=Helvetica, Arial,] 'This bass has a small side-to-side twist on the top of the neck. Frets 1 through 5.[/font][/color]'

When it arrived today, this is what I was presented with:

I am gutted to be fair. Has anyone seen neck twist like that before? The headstock is completely out of line with the body! Naturally I have opened an 'item not as described' case.

Edited by funkyjimbob

The problem is, what does one describe as a small twist (as an angle)? From looking at the photo it's probably about a 3 degree twist or so; I hope eBay agree it's more than 'small'. I'd say any twist in a neck is bad when it isn't designed to have one and to be avoided.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1409087906' post='2536289']
Got to ask, why did you buy it in the first place? For a project or something?
[/quote]

Pretty much yeah. He sent pictures but he obviously didn't send one that showed the twist enough. He is extremely apologetic and has refunded so I am happy. I'm not going to bother even for spares I think as there is no chance that neck is coming back...

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1409083232' post='2536224']
If it was a bolt on maybe but I cant see the parts being 200 quids worth of use?
[/quote]

Ahhhh! Run! It's the set neck and neck through alliance of doom!!!!! :yarr: :yarr: :yarr:

Ok maybe not - but if a neck goes south and it doesn't come off it's asking for trouble. Hopefully it can be repaired - from the picture it appears the unwanted twist is only near the headstock. That bodes well for a repair - you might only need to work with frets 1 - 7 or something.

That's a small neck twist? Yikes :o

Still, at least you've now got a cheap project
I'm sure there are luthiers out there who would be able to sort this

For 50 quid, I'd have had it - even if for just a bit of a learning project.....

Let us know how you get on with straightening that neck
and good luck :)

[quote name='PlungerModerno' timestamp='1409236256' post='2537827']

Ahhhh! Run! It's the set neck and neck through alliance of doom!!!!! :yarr: :yarr: :yarr:

Ok maybe not - but if a neck goes south and it doesn't come off it's asking for trouble. Hopefully it can be repaired - from the picture it appears the unwanted twist is only near the headstock. That bodes well for a repair - you might only need to work with frets 1 - 7 or something.
[/quote]
Ive got nothing against a set neck but it would make either repairing or replacing this one a hell of a lot easier if it could come off! :)

Hmm now im thinking cut the neck off a stick a mighty mite or something on? Very John Entwistle!