Why become a member? ×

Kate Bush at the Hammersmith Apollo

rodney72a

It was fantastic. I've never seen a crowd erupt like when she first walked on stage tonight leading a conga line of her backing singers. Top vocals throughout, just her on piano for Among Angels during the first encore.

Brilliant band too, including Omar Hakim, Mino Cinelu, John Giblin and David Rhodes. Plus a generous sprinkling of vintage wackiness. Great night.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1409125106' post='2536448']
This thread means nothing without extensive coverage taken using a mobile phone held at a silly angle for 45 minutes.

:ph34r:
[/quote]

Lol...got there before me. I thought she was loooovveely when I was younger. Not seem pics of her for a while but I'm sure she still looks fab

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1409125106' post='2536448']
This thread means nothing without extensive coverage taken using a mobile phone held at a silly angle for 45 minutes.
[/quote]

:lol:

I read that she had specifically asked people not to do this at her gigs. I wonder if they complied.

I've been reading good reviews of her opening night so it seems she hasn't lost it. Good for her.

My friend was there and sent three texts.

First one said he was the only straight man there (to which my reply was "since when").

Second one said "she's put on a few pounds so no leotard - feeling silly that I wore mine now."

Third one, which ensured his eternal damnation in the eyes of my wife and daughters who couldn't get tickets, said that he'd left at half time.

[quote name='Kirky' timestamp='1409127605' post='2536500']
Third one, which ensured his eternal damnation in the eyes of my wife and daughters who couldn't get tickets, said that he'd left at half time.
[/quote]
That's one of the fascinating things about music.

If Kate was singing in my back garden i'd probably draw the curtains and turn up the hi-fi (and no it wouldn't be one of her records) but there are a couple of artists that i'd walk over hot coals to get to see them play.

[quote name='Kirky' timestamp='1409127605' post='2536500']
My friend was there and sent three texts.

First one said he was the only straight man there (to which my reply was "since when").

Second one said "she's put on a few pounds so no leotard - feeling silly that I wore mine now."

[/quote]
Your friend's first two comments make him sound like a bit of a knob. The third one shows him to be frankly mad :)

Mixed review here by a journalist in Belgium...according to him amazing show but with information the public couldn't really grasp in the end, the standing ovations after every song got shorter and shorter and the sonic paintings which she created didn't grab everyone's attention...Though being a huge fan he left the hall a bit frustrated.
Setlist shows not a lot of hits...Choice of the artist
set : Lily Hounds of Love Joanni Top of the City Running Up That Hill King of the Mountain And Dream of Sheep Under Ice Waking the Witch Watching You Without Me Jig of Life Hello Earth The Morning Fog Prelude Prologue An Architect The Painter Sunset Aerial Tal Somewhere in Between Nocturn Aerial Among Angels Cloudbusting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5MORze6czo

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

Looking at the set list I'm quite happy I didn't gamble on paying silly money for an 'unofficial' ticket and I'm quite a fan. More than satisfied to wait for the DVD. Of course it's a long run, the set list might develope as the gigs go on so could end up with a DVD that covers more material than any one person that went to an individual gig got to see, which would be a smart marketing move really.

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1409148944' post='2536835']
set : Lily Hounds of Love Joanni Top of the City Running Up That Hill King of the Mountain And Dream of Sheep Under Ice Waking the Witch Watching You Without Me Jig of Life Hello Earth The Morning Fog Prelude Prologue An Architect The Painter Sunset Aerial Tal Somewhere in Between Nocturn Aerial Among Angels Cloudbusting

[/quote]

The Ninth Wave!

Just read the bbc mini review and quite frankly staggered that three of her biggest hits including the one that made her a household name were not given an outing !!

Surely those very loyal fans who have probably spent a fortune on tickets, travel and accommodation in London and waited all this time deserve to hear those as an absolute minimum.

It was always going to be a problem with such a long layoff between proper live gigs, a big back catalog of stuff never done live properly. Personally I've never quite got into the ninth wave despite many listens and the long piece from Aeriel is OK but not outstanding so I would have been a bit underwhelmed if I'd gone.

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1409155391' post='2536917']
Surely those very loyal fans who have probably spent a fortune on tickets, travel and accommodation in London and waited all this time deserve to hear those as an absolute minimum.
[/quote]
Wasn't there, and never a fan as such, so I have absolutely no idea, but could it be that after 35 years she might have struggled with some of the notes?

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1409119722' post='2536399']
Would loved to have been there.

Just have to hope for a DVD at some point.
[/quote]

+ 1/2

I'm increasingly finding that I can't be arsed with these overblown, overpriced, comeback extravaganzas but I do enjoy watching the resulting DVDs. Cream, Led Zeppelin and even stuff like the Clapton 'Crossroads' DVDs have all been well worth the tenner or so to buy them and watch I the comfort of home. Yes I know 'it's not the same' as being there, but I reckon I've been to enough live concerts by now so it has to be something really special or really convenient. Sad, maybe, but true.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1409159627' post='2536970']
+ 1/2

I'm increasingly finding that I can't be arsed with these overblown, overpriced, comeback extravaganzas but I do enjoy watching the resulting DVDs. Cream, Led Zeppelin and even stuff like the Clapton 'Crossroads' DVDs have all been well worth the tenner or so to buy them and watch I the comfort of home. Yes I know 'it's not the same' as being there, but I reckon I've been to enough live concerts by now so it has to be something really special or really convenient. Sad, maybe, but true.
[/quote]

I'm the same FF, must be an age thing :)