Why become a member? ×

Hello from Stockport (bassist & amateur luthier)

Bradwell

Hi Guys,

Found myself drawn to basschat as there's loads of good advice and since I've joined a band in the last couple of months I'm gonna have to take my bass playing seriously. Writing our first few songs at the moment with the intention of gigging in 6 months or so & self-producing our own album.

Have played bass & electric guitar for about 8 years, listen to a very wide variety of music but rock, funk and metal have the biggest influence on my bass playing.

Also a keen amateur luthier so most of my guitars end up being built from scratch or extensively modified. Will happily carry out repairs for people, past work for friends has included set-ups, repairs to snapped headstocks, fretless conversions, re-wiring, cavity shielding and more. Drop me a message if you're interested.

Currently looking into purchasing some decent amplification so will be getting into the Amps & Cabs forum.

Cheers.

Welcome on board. I occasionally frequent the Hazel Grove part of Stockport, as I've got family over there. I too am a keen amateur builder/tinkerer of instruments and electronics etc...

The 'Repairs and Technical' section is worth a butchers if you've got a spare couple of days...

[attachment=170449:DSCF0311.JPG]

In response to the requests for guitar builds, these are the 4 electrics I've built from scratch. The red one is being built for a friend and nearing completion. The other 3 are my own personal guitars.

Do have a fretless custom 4 string but it's in my workshop undergoing a neck rebuild and complete respray.

Will post some more pictures over time, especially if I can get a few of my dad's basses - big influence on the way I design guitars.

Monckyman - Would be my pleasure. Most of the guitar work I do for other people is to gain experience and talk about music, so long as the cost of parts is covered. I'm more than capable of doing most set up & repair jobs, just don't ask me to carry out major surgery on a priceless Alembic.