Why become a member? ×

speaker cabs

matman

Hi guys for the past 20 years I have been useing my marshall jubilee ( the silver one) and I love it dearly , but have now decided to retire it before the road ruins it.
any way I have just brought a Gallien Kruger 2001RB head which is amazing but I now need some cabs. Am I best sticking to the GK neo range with the bi wire or is there anything else out there that will do my amp justice??
I am trying to get best value and hopefully something lighter in weight than my old Marshalls.

Is your cab so precious/rare that it needs to be retired... if it is a cab you are used to and like the tone then why change?

You will be able to find quite a few cheaper, lighter cabs but the tone 'will' be noticeably different to what you are used to; in particular the variation in tone if going to Neo loaded cabs!

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1409136727' post='2536638']
Is your cab so precious/rare that it needs to be retired... if it is a cab you are used to and like the tone then why change?

You will be able to find quite a few cheaper, lighter cabs but the tone 'will' be noticeably different to what you are used to; in particular the variation in tone if going to Neo loaded cabs!
[/quote]

Yeah, I have noticed an airier, hollower, and sometimes boomier tone when using very lightweight neo driven cabs. I thought it was just in my head.

My TC RS212 has been a decent compromise for weight and is a great sounding cab.

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1409264862' post='2538237']
Yeah, I have noticed an airier, hollower, and sometimes boomier tone when using very lightweight neo driven cabs. I thought it was just in my head.
[/quote]

BEWARE... the experts assure us there is no difference :ph34r:[size=4] [/size][size=4] but 'some of us' think there is a conspiracy! :lol:[/size]