Why become a member? ×

a surprising change

christhammer666

evening one and all.....a long story short ive only ever really played metal end of. so to broaden my horizons im gonna audition for a rock covers band.ive learnt a couple of the songs YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG and THE PRETENDER by the foos, and im loving it I thought it wouldn't be my thing but im really enjoying the change.....just thought id share

Cool. I grew up playing in various metal bands. Anything from WASP to Metallica, but then last year I was asked to join a MOD covers band playing The Jam, and The Who etc.
Cant believe how much I am enjoying it and the bass lines are so much cooler to play!

Always good to have a change.

[quote name='bonzodog' timestamp='1409253986' post='2538067']
Cool. I grew up playing in various metal bands. Anything from WASP to Metallica, but then last year I was asked to join a MOD covers band playing The Jam, and The Who etc.
Cant believe how much I am enjoying it and the bass lines are so much cooler to play!

Always good to have a change.

I used to play WASP' Widowmaker in a band from the dim distant past :)
[/quote]

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1409336915' post='2538833']
I love to try new things, I come from a punk / indie back ground, I can do that with my eyes shut but I am drawn to anything that expands my musical knowledge and ability (except slapping I have to draw the line somewhere, I am crap at it anyway)
[/quote]

That sums me up pretty well. I`ve recently been depping for a rock band doing many songs I wouldn`t normally have learned and it`s been good, none of the songs particularly difficult, but learning 30 odd in a couple of weeks pushed me a bit. And now I`m learning songs then playing them with the band live without rehearsing them. That too is pushing me as I`ve never done that before. Which is all a bit of a change and improving me as a player.