Why become a member? ×

Which DI/cab sim box for dirty bass > FOH?

jimcroisdale

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hey [/font][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]all,[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I run a bass rig that uses an octaver (normal +1 up), three distortion pedals and various other effects. This all goes into a Genz Benz head and then on into a Genz Benz cab with the tweeter turned right off.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]We're coming up to doing live performances now, and despite the fact that the guys and girl in the band are experienced, we're a new band. This seems to mean starting at the bottom gigs wise. That's not a problem in itself, but the promoters/venues/sound engineers all seem to be starting at the bottom too, and many are a little inexperienced in some areas.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]So far I've had an engineer take a DI feed from BEFORE my pedals resulting in clean bass... Then I had a guy who took a feed from my head but didn't use a cab sim or lowpass filter, resulting in more fizz than a champagne factory....[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]So I'm looking for a DI/cab sim pedal that I can feed from my Tuner Out/Effects Send, and then the engineer can take a feed from that to the board.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I'm interested in pedals that aren't too expensive (sub £100/$180) and it's their performance with high gain noise plus good low frequency response that I'm interested in.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]My shortlist includes:[/font][list]
[*]Behringer Ultra G
[*]H&K Red Box (varying versions)
[*]Mooer Audio Micro DI
[*]Palmer PDI-09 "The Junction"
[/list]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Any experience with these that you can share would be great.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Cheers all,[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Jim[/font]