Why become a member? ×

line6 m5 or zoom ms60b ?

spaners

Must say, the zoom makes complete sense. you can get rid of your tuner as well, and if you like a compressor at the end just before the reverb then just get rid of that too and use this. Brilliant idea. I currently use mine at the end of my chain for light compression, amp sim/speaker sim and a graphic EQ to get rid of those boomy bits. Takes up one space that my preamp would take up. I used to use it for delay too which worked perfectly nice, and the reverbs (although never used live) seem to sound pretty nice with lots of opportunity to f*** about with it.

Personnally i dont see the ms60b as too tweakable mid set so I deployed it in a way that it just gets set at the start and then left. I suppose that what you would do with the reverb (other than just switching it on and off).

Picked up an M5 this afternoon, had a little run through it. The verbs are very good as are the choruses. There's some other cool stuff too and some that ain't lol. Tuner is spot on. I think I'm going to have a play n see what is usable. I did try a zoom B3 a few months back but I dont like the multi fx/ patches thing and to my ear the effects on this sound closer to traditional pedals. Its super easy to use and it not to big (about the same size as my deluxe big muff) at 89 quid new with a psu included I recon its a bit of a steel. Rite, time to try out the distortion's . Lets see how long it takes before I get a complaint from the neighbours lol

[quote name='ordep' timestamp='1409349711' post='2539013']
if reverb is the main concern, then line 6 for me. tried both and for me the m series sounds better. cant go wrong with its modulations and delays either.
[/quote]

Exact same here, so the OP made the right decision IMO :)

Edited by 1976fenderhead