Why become a member? ×

RIP Glenn Cornick

BassTractor

Pisser. Rather underrated, knew his way round the fretboard and a tone/style that suited the band at that time perfectly. Occasionally ame across on the DVD documentaries as still being slightly miffed at being dispensed with but that was very much how IA operated, many more would follow. Otherwise seemed a decent bloke. Didn't he go to Australia and do something completely different from music?

This is very sad news indeed. Hi was a big influence on me when I was in my early teens. Thankfully, I got the chance to tell him so in an email I sent about two years ago, to which he replied with thanks.

A very under rated bass player.

R.I.P. Glenn. :([size=4] [/size]

I was shocked and sad to read the news here, but my head was instantly filled with some of the great lines he played and a sense of the tone, feel and character of his playing. If you want to become a better bass player, just learn some tracks from Stand Up and Benefit: Job done.
Recommended:
Bouree
Living in the Past
Witch's Promise
Wond'ring again (Glenn's favourite bass part)

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1409388747' post='2539194']
If you want to become a better bass player, just learn some tracks from Stand Up and Benefit: Job done.
Recommended:
Bouree
Living in the Past
Witch's Promise
Wond'ring again (Glenn's favourite bass part)
[/quote]

A big +1 to all the above. I love playing along to early Tull's music with Glenn on board.

Another song I'd add would be his great walking bass lines on Roland Kirk's "Serenade to a Cuckoo" from the "This Was" album.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh4GZJlQCfY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh4GZJlQCfY[/url]

Had a day of playing Jethro Tull, their music has been the background to my life. Was at Martin Barre concert and came home to news of Glenn's passing. So sad we will never see them together on stage again.
God bless RIP Glenn Cornick.

' ... and the tune ends too soon for us all !'

[quote name='Tullfan' timestamp='1409526849' post='2540635']
' ... and the tune ends too soon for us all !'
[/quote]

Good one!

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1409568759' post='2540877']
My dad exclusively listens to Jethro Tull....
[/quote]

My dad hated most of my rock music preferences, but could enter my room and say: "[i]... but this is nice![/i]", and it would normally be a Jethro Tull song.
He could often be found whistling or humming "Song for Jeffrey", "Bourée" or "Living in the Past".