Why become a member? ×

NBD (with mod plans)

Jimryan

Evening all,

Following on from my recent thread regarding a bass to take on my next tour...

Today I went round to Nevada (where I get the wonderfully consistent, terrible customer service I usually get) and tried a couple of 5s. Firstly I tried an ESP LTD B Series in a lovely blue finish, but decided against it and moved on to try what I actually went in there for. For a while I've been eyeing up a Squier VM Precision V with a CAR finish. Tried it, loved the feel and weight of it and bought it. Over the next few weeks I'm going to start buying parts to mod it, ready for my next tour at the end of October. For now though, it's been given a (very) much needed set-up and polish. How some shops leave their instruments still continues to amaze me.

My plans for it are as follows...

Take out the existing pickup and replace it with a Seymour Duncan MM 'bucker and have another one at the bridge. Going for an Alnico model wired series at the neck and a Ceramic wired parallel/series at the bridge.

The bridge will be swapped for a hipshot A type.

Tuners will be swapped for hipshot ultralites.

Schaller strap locks will be installed.

I'm also going to have some of the wood routed out under the scratchplate to save on weight.

Still can't make my mind up on S/P and hardware colours though.
[URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/jimryan88/media/imagejpg1_zpsb1e2d691.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/imagejpg1_zpsb1e2d691.jpg[/IMG][/URL]