Why become a member? ×

Mono bass sleeve - nice

tonyclaret

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had one for a year or so.

There's very little in the way of containment for anything other than the bass. There's a large flat zip pocket on the front, but you won't get anything in there except for a cable or a book of charts. There's nowhere to carry tuners, or a strap etc.

Also the piping or whatever you call the stuff that runs around the seems split all the way around.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1455673419' post='2981422']

There's very little in the way of containment for anything other than the bass. There's a large flat zip pocket on the front, but you won't get anything in there except for a cable or a book of charts. There's nowhere to carry tuners, or a strap etc.

Also the piping or whatever you call the stuff that runs around the seems split all the way around.
[/quote]

Not so good then. What did you get as a replacement? Cheers

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1455679965' post='2981429']
Not so good then. What did you get as a replacement? Cheers
[/quote]

I have a Protec Contego. It's heavier than the Mono, but waaaaaay better. It's kind of a semi rigid gig bag, whereas the Mono is just padding, albeit quite good padding.

I actually have an M80, M80 double, the Protec Contego and the Mono Sleeve.

Apart from the ridiculous buckle and flap I actually prefer it over the Contego if I do not need to take too much stuff with me as it is light but does a good job at protecting my bass. I carry my strap, mic, couple of leads and bass comfortably.

M80s still are the best option if you need to carry more imo. Contego for sure is a good bag/case, but not an M80.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1455673419' post='2981422']

[/quote]
Surely you're referring to the Vertigo - the Bass Sleeve's pocket is enormous! The Vertigo is the one with the small, flat pocket.

Both my ACGs live in the Mono Sleeve, and of all the Mono cases it's my favourite model... and this from someone who has owned them all! :blink:

It's well padded, the pocket actually expands to be pretty big (I put my Tecamp Puma, a speaker cable, instrument lead, power lead, strap, tuner, patch lead and iPad in mine for rehearsal last night), and like all Mono stuff it's really well made. I have had no experience of the splitting Ambient mentions.

There are three things I'd change if I could though:

i) the buckle system works, but is a bit naff
ii) I'd prefer the bottom of the outside of the bag to be lined with the heavy duty rubber used on the Mono backpack range
iii) I'd swap the orientation of the handle to the other side, to make it a more natural carry for right-handed folk

All round, an excellent bag though.

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1456477931' post='2989350']
Both my ACGs live in the Mono Sleeve, and of all the Mono cases it's my favourite model... and this from someone who has owned them all! :blink:

It's well padded, the pocket actually expands to be pretty big (I put my Tecamp Puma, a speaker cable, instrument lead, power lead, strap, tuner, patch lead and iPad in mine for rehearsal last night), and like all Mono stuff it's really well made. I have had no experience of the splitting Ambient mentions.

There are three things I'd change if I could though:

i) the buckle system works, but is a bit naff
ii) I'd prefer the bottom of the outside of the bag to be lined with the heavy duty rubber used on the Mono backpack range
iii) I'd swap the orientation of the handle to the other side, to make it a more natural carry for right-handed folk

All round, an excellent bag though.
[/quote]

That's good to know Gareth.

I want something that can house a TH350 and a few leads ideally. If I could get a four block in, then that would be a bonus.

I want the bass to be protected, but it doesn't need to be nuclear resistant. My basses only ever travel in the car.

Thinking about the contego but don't like those split handles with Velcro wraps.

I actually have a Gigblade still got the tags on!

It's a beauty. Well protected. So comfortable to carry, very well balanced. You can a few leads in storage at the top, there is a slim pouch that covers the main body of the bass but you'd get a few leads in there, some sheet music, perhaps a mb200, but not a class D with any height. Shame. May move it on.

Mmm

Edited by tonyclaret

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1456562328' post='2990243']
That's good to know Gareth.

I want something that can house a TH350 and a few leads ideally. If I could get a four block in, then that would be a bonus.
[/quote]

I have a TH350 - it probably takes up less than half of the space in the Sleeve's pocket, you could easily get leads and a bunch of other stuff in as well. It's huge.