Why become a member? ×

Superstitions or Habits?

paulbass

Hiya Guys and Gals, due to not having a gig tonight i thought i'd have a few swift halves and watch a live band.....who were pretty poor so i'm back home having a few swift tinnies as you do! Anyway do any of you have any superstitions or habits about playing bass or doing a gig?
As for me i never play my bass the night before a gig...i dont know why but its something that i've always done.
The guitarist in my band wont hit a note until someone plays a note first when setting up is another one. Maybe i'm the only one in a band with odd habits ....or are these damn beers are taking a grip! :crazy:

Much the same really. No superstitions, like always wearing red underpants or something, just the practicalities of ensuring I've got everything I need, which is pretty easy as I keep it all in my gig bag at all times when I'm not playing anyway. It's unlikely that I won,t have played a few days before a gig as we only average one gig a month, so pretty much always rehearse before the next gig, which shakes the cobwebs off the gear and checks that all is working well.

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1409519560' post='2540514']
True - why is that?
[/quote]

Good rehearsal..? Over-confident at gig, so balls-up.

Duff rehearsal..? Very alert at gig, so smooth.

Not really systematic, but all too often true.