Why become a member? ×

Creedence ClearWater Revival.

bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1409482672' post='2540026']
i love America, had an affair with the Allman Brother's. don't get me started on Steely Dan. but i love this band. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f775c_KgXE0[/media]
[/quote]

You're back on track again <_<

Terrific.

Always struck me as a wildly undated band,

Bad Moon Rising always takes me back to bombing down to Rickmansworth in a Mk2 Zodiac to see my then girlfriend - great car when your only about 17 -

Heres my favourite creedence track, whch nobody else ever seems to have heard of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuPtOtGF4TY

Edited by icastle
Link Fixed.

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1409499467' post='2540214']
Always struck me as a wildly undated band,

Bad Moon Rising always takes me back to bombing down to Rickmansworth in a Mk2 Zodiac to see my then girlfriend - great car when your only about 17 -

Heres my favourite creedence track, whch nobody else ever seems to have heard of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuPtOtGF4TY
[/quote]

Great car now!

Edited by icastle
Link Fixed.

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1409499467' post='2540214']
my favourite creedence track, whch nobody else ever seems to have heard of.
[/quote]

That's weird. Half the world - well, in my circles anyway - seems to have at least both Chronicle and Volume Two, and it's on one of those.

[quote]Heres my favourite creedence track, which nobody else ever seems to have heard of.[/quote]

Well I persuaded my last band to include it in the setlist so not so! We did our bit to spread the word about Jose and his tractor!

Great to have a thread on CCR - possibly my favourite band/style ever. Even made it into one of my favourite films - Apocalypse Now - who can name that tune? And was it CCR themselves playing it live?

Cheers,
Rich

I love CCR, it's a shame that most 'non musos' only seem to know 'Bad Moon Rising' though as that's one of my least favourites of theirs.
I wanted our 'acoustic' band to do Down on the Corner but they looked at me like I'd lost the plot.

[quote name='Diablo' timestamp='1409523269' post='2540585']
Even made it into one of my favourite films - Apocalypse Now - who can name that tune? And was it CCR themselves playing it live?

[/quote]

I was about to say 'Fortunate Son' but I have a feeling it was 'Suzie Q'.

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1409524666' post='2540610']
I love CCR, it's a shame that most 'non musos' only seem to know 'Bad Moon Rising' though as that's one of my least favourites of theirs.
[/quote]

True. We used to open our set with Bad Moon and it always went down well . . . even the way we played it :lol:

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1409524666' post='2540610']
I was about to say 'Fortunate Son' but I have a feeling it was 'Suzie Q'.
[/quote]

Right first time. Check out the lyrics - it's a pretty angry song.