Why become a member? ×

New Markbass cabs from the East? Anybody got them?

karlfer

Hello evbodpeeps.
Next year I have a few decent size festivals to do with a second band.
As such, being a shallow magpie gear whore tart, I am thinking yellowness would stand out on a big stage a bit better than Barefaced silver cloth vintage.
However, old git practicalities still rule as the gear would also need to be used for my other band's weekly forage into various Dog and Duck's (with the occasional Slaughtered Lamb :lol: ).
So, enough prevarication. I am thinking 2 of them new Indonesian Markbass 2 x 10's at 8 ohms.
Anybody tried them, views, experiences?
Merky buckets (French tha knows).
Karl.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1409564531' post='2540820']
Karl, you're not buying gear on the strength of its appearance rather than performance... are you??
You should get them Bergs bought and have done with it! :P
[/quote]

To answer your question, probably :lol: . I refer my learned friend to my personal statement in post #1. Them Berg's will be gone before my BF goes. Mind you, I could spray the grills yellow :blush:

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1409564808' post='2540826']
Sparkly grille cloth looks great on outdoor stages, anyway!
[/quote]

Don't you come on here being sensible, shooting pointless, senseless GAS down in flames :P

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1409565386' post='2540837']
I refer my learned friend to my personal statement in post #1.
[/quote]

Fairy Nuff. I seem to remember reading that the far east MB cabs are heavier than the Italian equivalents, even though the spec is the same on the website...
Of course this could be entirely wrong, or I just dreamt it. Or something. :blink:

Wait, here we go... of course this is a basschat thread, so is probably of limited use... :lol:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/226964-markbass-all-made-in-indonesia-now-and-heavy/"]http://basschat.co.u...-now-and-heavy/[/url]

Edited by discreet

Yeah, I've read that a few times Mark but was a little confused tbh.
The Basschat collective enjoyed Marco's contribution but he hasn't been on since March 6th so still not really sure what they are saying about the Indonesian gear.
Just really wondering if anybody had bought and gigged the newer stuff, what the weight and tonal quality is like. It seems to have drifted off into a discussion about handles, and as ever somebody chucked an old Barefaced hammering in there :rolleyes: .
Always interesting to see where threads go, even though Off Topic now scares me senseless :lol:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1409564531' post='2540820']
Karl, you're not buying gear on the strength of its appearance rather than performance... are you??
[/quote]
Haha, off topic but i did exactly this a the start of the year. A promise of a summer tour of the festivals would need a good image so i opted for the Ampeg fridge...well, before the summer even began the singer (the main dude we were backing) moves to Jamaica cancelling all but one festival - bummer!!!...The Ampeg looked good though - now sold ;)

I bought a 121P combo this that turned out to be an Indonesian one. It's 12.5kg which was lighter than the 13.3kg specced on the MB website. My thoughts are here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/231484-nad-markbass-cmd-121p/

I can't compare it to the Italian made one as I've never played through one. The tweeter in mine did have that annoying hiss but that wasn't unique to the Indonesian ones. Anyway I fitted a replacement tweeter in it and the hiss is gone.