Why become a member? ×

Basses and car boots

slingo

Bit of a long shot, this, but are there any bass players out there who own an Alfa Romeo Giulietta, and if so, is it possible to get a bass in a shaped case in the boot without folding the seats down?

(I once had a Fiat Uno and actually bought a headless bass so it would fit in the boot!)

Alternatively, are there any Kia C'eed hatchback owners out there that can fit one in?

Thanks!

:rolleyes:[size=4] [/size]

I always put my bass in the foot wells behind the front seats in my focus or my volvo. They travel snug and secure with no moving about and no heads or cabs that could slide in to it under heavy braking.

I can't really comment on any of the cars mentioned, but as they're the same size as the Focus I'd assume that basses would fit the same. My bass does fit in the boot but I don't think I'd comfortably get any cabs in at the same time.

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1409662425' post='2541941']
basses didn't fit in the boot of my alfa GT, but they do in my TVR Chimaera.
Sorry that doesn't really help. Could you go to a dealer and try it?
[/quote]

Really? I'm surprised it fits in a Chimaera boot! I could go to a dealer, but just thought I'd ask my fellow bass peeps for advice first....which, has not met with a huge measure of success thus far..... :D[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='slingo' timestamp='1409675323' post='2542135']
What a strange lot you all are :D[size=4] - I have plenty of info now now about which cars it[i] will[/i] fit in but no one has actually answered my original question lol[/size]
[/quote]
I was thinking that! Lol. If I get chance I will measure my moms Alfa for you.

I reckon I could gig with the Chimaera. The boot is really deep and wide. I almost did a gig in it 2 weeks ago. I reckon I could fit my markbass Cl115, ampeg pf500 and QSC PA cab. My bags could go behind the seats on the sort of rear parcel ahelf and the guitar in the passanger seat.
Next sunday afternoon gig, I'll try it

[quote name='slingo' timestamp='1409675323' post='2542135']
What a strange lot you all are :D[size=4] - I have plenty of info now now about which cars it[i] will[/i] fit in but no one has actually answered my original question lol[/size]
[/quote]

I provided very useful information about a car I have listed for sale in the marketplace. :P

[quote name='Stompbox' timestamp='1409777540' post='2543361']
Just had my new Lamborghini Aventador delivered - negligible bootspace, but hey, it's a nice drive so will have my bass, amps & cabs delivered & set up onstage by a contractor as required..................

:lol:
[/quote]

Not using the helicopter, how disappointing I had expected better :rolleyes:

Edited by 3below

[quote name='Stompbox' timestamp='1409777540' post='2543361']
Just had my new Lamborghini Aventador delivered
[/quote]

:blink: Couldn't you afford the trip to Bologna to fetch it?
(BTW quite a silly little car, that Aventador, as long as there is a 250 GT SWB Breadvan out there for carrying your bass!)

[quote name='slingo' timestamp='1409596701' post='2541361']
Bit of a long shot, this, but are there any bass players out there who own an Alfa Romeo Giulietta, and if so, is it possible to get a bass in a shaped case in the boot without folding the seats down?

(I once had a Fiat Uno and actually bought a headless bass so it would fit in the boot!)

Alternatively, are there any Kia C'eed hatchback owners out there that can fit one in?

Thanks!

:rolleyes:
[/quote]

My gf has a Giulietta and I haven't tried with a sensible thin gig bag (Warwick Rockbass range), but a Fusion F1 gigbag won't fit, or any standard hard case.
A Warwick Rockbass was ok for a Jazz in my Mk4 Golf, but it had to be fitted in diagonal, meaning no cabs at the same time. I believe the Golf Mk4 had a slightly larger boot than the Ceed (the Ceed was one of the cars I was considering to change to, and boot size is something I looked at with attention).

Since I had the Fusion F1 case, I always carried the bass on the backseat (or in teh footwell of the backseat).

My current car (A3) is all black inside and with slightly tinted windows... a black gigbag in the back seat footwell becomes invisible, and it looks like the car is empty ;)