Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Tokai TB48 Thunderbird - £180
£190

Mr Anthony

Hello there!

Up for sale is a Tokai TB48 Thundebird copy in vintage white - £180

Sadly I've decided to part with this bass since I've had it since February, and it's pretty much just sat on the rack not getting played.

It's in very good condition, with only a couple of cosmetic issues which are pictured below. The first being a very small ding on the lower horn, and the second being a few scuff marks on the back. These obviously make no difference to the way the instrument sounds or plays. Since owning this bass I have given it a good clean, fitted brand new Ernie Ball strings, and given it a good setup, of course that being entirely subjective. The bass is in full working order, absolutely no problems. I'm only selling it because it's just not the bass for me.

It's never been gigged, and since owning it it has only left the house twice. Once to a practice session, and the other when I moved from my flat into my new home. It's just not comfortable for me to play, and I would like to sell it on to fund some other purchases. :rolleyes:

I'm asking for £180, which I think is quite reasonable since I've been quoted more. I'd just rather it went to a basschatter who'll actually get a good kick out of it, opposed to sticking it on eBay, etc.

Pictures:

If you would like any more pictures/info please do let me know. You're also welcome to come and try the bass out, I'm in Lincoln most of the time, but can also arrange to meet in Ollerton, near Mansfield.

Please note, I have no means of posting this bass, so it would be collection only.

Thanks for looking!
- Anthony.

Edited by Mr Anthony

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this up!

It is still for sale, I've had a little local interest but nothing confirmed yet. I am open to trades and offers, so hit me with whatever you've got.

Postage is an option once a suitable box has been sourced. Every time I go past my local halfords I check, but they're either no good or they've been collected so do bear with me.

Price is still £180 and you're more than welcome to come try it out or collect, just drop me a message and we'll chat. :)

Cheers!