Why become a member? ×

New Fishman Platinum Pro

TheRev

Bob Gollihur has them available for pre-order at $249. Quite a step up in price from the old model.

[quote name='BassBod' timestamp='1409924192' post='2544642']
Nice...I do hope it runs on batteries...and you can see the tuner display in daylight..
[/quote]

A tuner that can be seen in day light? Might as well ask for the moon on a stick.

I like the look of the StagePro, but it doesn't seem to be on the Fishman website.

oops, hang on - I scrolled down and found the link.

Tidy little beastie - bit like the nifty little FDeck, but with the added bonus of a DI out.

Edited by TheRev

Pete, dump the BP-100 and for less than a second hand PlatPro you can get a perfectly decent 2nd hand piezo like a BassMax, Realist, Shadow SH950 or Underwood and I bet you that would solve your sound problem (it would work well with a Briefcase and wouldn't need a preamp)

I bet there's a BCer with a spare who would lend you one for a tryout

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1409938088' post='2544870']
If anyone is looking to upgrade and wants to move on an old-style one, please let me know. It's a last resort to getting a decent sound out of my BP-100, having pretty much failed with an ADI21 and a Phil Jones Briefcase.
[/quote]

I'd agree with Clarky about ditching the BP100. I had one for a while and was never happy with the tone despite trying it through Fishman, Headway and a FDeck preamps. For the price of a second hand plat pro, you could easily buy a used Realist or Bassmax, which would work much better with your amp even without a preamp.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1409958937' post='2545082']
I don't think I'd gig a DB without a tricksy preamp.
[/quote]

I'd tend to agree. But recently I've been putting my ply bass through a Puma and into a 4x5" with no preamp. Very good sound, probably helped by the Taste control on the amp. Mind you, I may have got an even better sound with a preamp but it's nice to be a bit lazy sometimes.

• 2 months later...

I've just received it after 2 weeks at the customs!!!
its better than i expected, I've tried it both on electric bass and upright bass
the tuner is really good and also the preamp options like brilliance and the new boost switch is really useful, it gives a lot to the bass
defiantly worth the cash and time!

[quote name='dudi8' timestamp='1417003463' post='2615898']
I've just received it after 2 weeks at the customs!!!
its better than i expected, I've tried it both on electric bass and upright bass
the tuner is really good and also the preamp options like brilliance and the new boost switch is really useful, it gives a lot to the bass
defiantly worth the cash and time!

[/quote]

How is it on electric? I've been looking at the smaller version of this as it looks good.... decent eq and a built in HPF.

[quote name='dudi8' timestamp='1417004578' post='2615920']
Actually it's really good on electric, the brilliance control can add a sparkle to the bass, a feature I only found on Rodenberg boost pedals which I really liked
[/quote]

Good stuff... think I'll give them a go.

I emailed Fishman a couple of weeks back asking when these would be available in the UK and they said mid December.