Why become a member? ×

FS: Wood&Tronics Chronos 6, now SOLD!!!
£1400

benn

First of all, i did keep in touch with the buyer after he received the bass. We changed a few emails, and i did express my all sincere desire to sort this out, although it's still not very clear for me how the bass got injured and if the responsibility for this is 100% mine or not! However, It is true that due to some personal problems i did not reply to him in the last 8-9 days.

Let's make few things clear:

I sent a bass that was in perfect condition! I would have never sold a fractured neck bass! I'm no longer a newbie on basschat and i'm working to build a lifetime bass carrier, so i would never sold a broken bass as a good one! I personally know a few very gifted luthiers that could have fix it an make it as new if it ever was the case! I would never damage my reputation and good name for the cost of a few hundred euros! I've bought and sold basses before and i have 100% clean feedback.

The buyer did sent me a few blurry photos via email and the bass does now have a small crack in the neck. I admitted that maybe the bass could have gotten injured somehow during the shipping, although it would be the first time something like this happen to me! Even more, i told him that i am willing to refund him all the money paid for the bass it it's the case, but i can do that only after i manage to sell any other bass i have for sale also here on basschat, as long as i'm cash broke due to my personal problems these days.

I'm very open and i ask Philippe to post very clear photos here, so you can all see it! I'm still curios how the bass could got injured like that during shipping! What if an accident happen after the opening of the box?

I'm still very open and want to have this sorted out even if i'm the one who is loosing money here!
Since the buyer decided to make this public, i have to make the things clear for everyone reading this topic.

Dear all,
I'm happy my message on the forum could reestablish communication with the buyer after a somewhat stressing silence period for me.
I will post the exact pictures I sent to Benn, when I have solved the quota issue I face when trying to attach a file.
I did not damage the bass myself, asking afterwards for money to have it repaired.
The fracture is not a big one, I know, and can of course be fixed, but on a 1600€ instrument, not sure it does not change the value of the bass (in the eventuel case I would try to resale it in the future), and making things public was not an easy decision for me, especially for that reason.
I do hope Benn and I will now find a proper way to solve this issue.
Philippe

• 3 weeks later...