Why become a member? ×

Pickguard for my fender deluxe, impossible to find!

logicred

Having recently got hold of a 2005 USA Fender Jazz Deluxe 4 string bass I wish to replace the tort shell pickguard. I thought these would be ten a penny on ebay and on the internet. I can't find ANY in the UK!

It's basically one of these for a 22 fret cutaway body '98 upwards.

[url="http://www.wdmusic.com/pickguard_jbad4_300.html"]http://www.wdmusic.com/pickguard_jbad4_300.html[/url]

Any UK suppliers????!!!!

Thanks in advance.

I've seen some of the cheap WD plates up close and they weren't good.
Horrible bland print so make sure you get a very good look at one before buying, IMO.
A quality bass is worth a quality plate.
I've used Sims but they aren't regarded as cheap, but they really worked on my bass... and
a custom cut as well...so send in your old plate as a template, assuming it fits perfectly in the first place

I couldn't find one in the UK after trying really hard and weeks of searching. Ended up buying off ebay from an American supplier. Total cost was around £45 inc delivery, import duty, customs, handling fee etc if I remember correctly. Genuine Fender item and good quality. It would cost similar to have a quality one made in the UK - I know because I did some research. If you want one, I'm afraid you're going to have to go down this route and bite the bullet.