Why become a member? ×

Zero Seven

Mickeyboro

I really like them. The first 2 albums were great
Still play them from time to time -
great chillout tracks on both those albums
Not sure I've got much by way of advice

... except - play the albums once in a while....

Marc

PS> Just wondering what the advice is that you need now? :)

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1410417627' post='2549138']
Yup I like them. They haven't been up to much recently though have they?
[/quote]
There last album "Yeh Ghost" (2009) was a little darker & more experimental and I dont think this sold as well as their other three.

Shame really as I love their work with Sia as vocalist. I love that ladies voice

Love the first album. I got a bootleg show a couple years ago and they played newer stuff tidy but when it came to older tunes they seemed to be taking the piss, messing with the arrangements and playing lots of off key notes and phrases. Maybe they were just entertaining themselves for giggles but I would have been really disappointed if I was at that gig.
Can't believe I never saw them live early on though.

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1410420516' post='2549165']

There last album "Yeh Ghost" (2009) was a little darker & more experimental and I dont think this sold as well as their other three.

Shame really as I love their work with Sia as vocalist. I love that ladies voice
[/quote]

Yeah that was the last thing I heard- I really like pop art blue from that album.

Didn't overly like The Garden I'll be honest- the Jose Gonzales remix was the best song on it for me.

First two albums were fantastic, less so with The Garden I thought and onwards. Their early material and Air's better stuff is brilliant, love the chill out sound, very cool basslines too! Saw them in Glasgow after When it falls came out I think, superb

Edited by garyod7

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1410441530' post='2549470']

....Didn't overly like The Garden I'll be honest- the Jose Gonzales remix was the best song on it for me.
[/quote]

My own thoughts exactly
In fact, I liked the other 2 albums so much - I listened to the Garden quite a bit
because I wanted to like it..... (if that makes sense! lol)
But never grew to like it really....

Also got an album of remixes, called "AnotherLateNight" - but not so much into that either....
So I didn't venture to getting "Yeah Ghost"

Still love "When It Falls" and "Simple Things" though
Following this thread, I listened to Simple Things again recently
What a great album :)

Yeh big fan of them and especially the first two albums. Absolutely the classic chill out music. Interesting that on the second album there is a different bass player on a handful of tracks - they sound quite different to me, lacking that light and airy bass part feel of the other guy - but perhaps with more of a groove. The first two for me are classic albums of that era and genre.