Why become a member? ×

Monsterously good idea for a thread

Bilbo

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1410371208' post='2548712']
Buggles- Adventures in Modern Recording?

A guess based purely on the knowledge that they re-recorded Yes' "I Am A Camera". I'll be surprised if I'm right!
[/quote]

Sadly not, but that was an ultra cool answer. I did think of Yes's "Into the Lens" myself, where they sing "I am a camera", if memory serves, but had no idea there was this Buggles link to it, or I would've used the same song list but with better reasons! :D

Maybe it's time to drop this one now. I thought it was easy seeing as many people on BC are antiquities like me.

Might it help if I said it's prog from 1980, and the bassist in that band is highly regarded on BC but not mentioned very often?

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1410374365' post='2548768']

Sadly not, but that was an ultra cool answer. I did think of Yes's "Into the Lens" myself, where they sing "I am a camera", if memory serves, but had no idea there was this Buggles link to it, or I would've used the same song list but with better reasons! :D

Maybe it's time to drop this one now. I thought it was easy seeing as many people on BC are antiquities like me.

Might it help if I said it's prog from 1980, and the bassist in that band is highly regarded on BC but not mentioned very often?
[/quote]

"Civilian", Gentle Giant.
Excellent

Edit: actually a concept album based on Dolly Parton. Not a lot of people know that........

Edited by Shaggy

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1410377767' post='2548837']
Phew! :D

Congrats, Shaggy!
Now bring us some more! Easy stuff, like The Beatles' "Sgt, Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". ;)
[/quote]
Eh? Never 'eard of 'em...... :)
Ok, a perennial fave of mine, hopefully not too eclectic. A collaboration between two musicians much better known for being in a couple of high profile bands

1. America is waiting
2. Mea Culpa
3. Regiment
4. Help me somebody
5. The Jezabel spirit
6. Qu'ran
7. Moonlight in glory
8. The Carrier
9. A secret life
10. Come with us
11. Mountain of needles

:)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1410372945' post='2548744']

May I just mention that, in topics such as this, it's very useful to 'quote' the post being replied to. This reduces some of the confusion (eg: "What are you replying to, the post above or the one from the previous page..?" etc...).
Just sayin'; as you were.
[/quote]
Etiquette of the topic...... Rules etc. I wasn't referencing any particular post. Things seemed to be getting a little haphazard. Do keep up old boy.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1410362186' post='2548576']

Apart from that Solo album by the Scandinavian Swedish Chef mentioned earlier,
there will always be 'someone' who knows the album offered up.
Some might take weeks, but we will get there in the end.
Part of the fun.....innit bruv.
[/quote]
Absolutely, I'm a simple soul though and I need rules, boundaries as it were. Once the rules are established them there's always room for a little chaos but if chaos is the stepping stone then brimstone is surely the journeys end.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1410374365' post='2548768']

[/quote]

I was of course referring to 'Into The Lens". ;-)

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1410383956' post='2548954']
I was of course referring to 'Into The Lens". ;-)
[/quote]

Fcourse you were.
(Twas only by mistake I actually remembered its title today. I'd normally never do that, swear to god.)

...and silly me, some hours after our previous talk I suddenly remembered how the Buggles version you mentioned was indeed called "I Am a Camera", just like the GG song.

Looking it up, I was surprised to see the GG release date predated the Buggles release date, but I guess the Buggles song actually was written before the Gentle Giant one, seeing as the Buggles took the song with them into Yes.
[/prognerd]

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1410379513' post='2548880']

Eh? Never 'eard of 'em...... :)
Ok, a perennial fave of mine, hopefully not too eclectic. A collaboration between two musicians much better known for being in a couple of high profile bands

1. America is waiting
2. Mea Culpa
3. Regiment
4. Help me somebody
5. The Jezabel spirit
6. Qu'ran
7. Moonlight in glory
8. The Carrier
9. A secret life
10. Come with us
11. Mountain of needles

[/quote]

Wrong of me to have put my oar into this thread, as I'm travelling and BC-less for the next 4 days
Answer is "My life in the bush of ghosts" by Brian Eno and David Byrne, around 1979-ish

Someone else take up the baton quick.....

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1410381824' post='2548917']

Absolutely, I'm a simple soul though and I need rules, boundaries as it were. Once the rules are established them there's always room for a little chaos but if chaos is the stepping stone then brimstone is surely the journeys end.
[/quote]

Lol......Could be some lyrics for one of your tunes there.

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1410413731' post='2549121']
Wrong of me to have put my oar into this thread, as I'm travelling and BC-less for the next 4 days
Answer is "My life in the bush of ghosts" by Brian Eno and David Byrne, around 1979-ish

Someone else take up the baton quick.....
[/quote]

OK, I will! How about

Silver Shoes
Don't Come Back
Persephone
Hometown
Lady Jay
FUBB

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1410460475' post='2549747']
Lets give it till tomoro morning then if no one else gets it, it's yours Bilbo. :-)
[/quote]Hey..! I cheated first; I just didn't post here boasting about it..! Shirley, if there's no honest answer, it'd be the first to cheat that wins, innit..? <_<[size=4] [/size]

[size=4] :P[/size]