Why become a member? ×

New Fender Adam Clayton and Dee Dee Ramone Signatures

NJE

I did a search and didn't see anything on here, but it seems Adam Clayton has a new signature Fender Jazz coming out. Guitar Guitar are already taking pre-orders and it seems to be US Standard price with some added extras. I like the lollipop tuners, always preferred these over standard tuners. I was secretly hoping it was P-bass width nut as he usually likes his precisions but it looks to be standard Jazz.

Not a fan of Mr Clayton or his band particularly but this looks like a nice bass. Some nice pictures of it here: http://willcuttguitars.com/fender-basses/jazz-bass/fender-artist-series-adam-clayton-jazz-bass-sherwood-green-metallic-944

Also there seems to be a Dee Dee Ramone signature on its way as well. Mexican made by all accounts and looks just like the Matt Freeman Squier. Still its nice to have a maple necked white precision in the Mexican range, my favourite combo.

[attachment=171303:US14070944-2up.jpg]
[attachment=171304:10448907_375399752616233_45042228_n-2.jpg]

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1410280479' post='2547789']
Clayton lost love of his Lakland basses these days then?
[/quote]

Interesting that Bono and The Edge join the Fender board and another U2 related instrument pops up :-P

Edited by skej21

I just don't get it. Clayton has whored his name round so many bass manufacturers, I've lost count. I really just don't like the guy, met him once and he was thoroughly unpleasant. He's not that good a player and (go on, do this) a quick search on his name in Google images just seems to show hundreds of the same photo...the same smug look on his face, a la; [i]I'm-not-looking-at-my-bass-and-you-know-I-think-I-just-cracked-out-a-very-smelly-fart-as-well[/i]. Right place, right time I suppose.

Dee Dee? At least the guy played and effing Precision.

Maybe I'm just tired.
P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1410293453' post='2547989']
I just don't get it. Clayton has whored his name round so many bass manufacturers, I've lost count. I really just don't like the guy, met him once and he was thoroughly unpleasant. He's not that good a player and (go on, do this) a quick search on his name in Google images just seems to show hundreds of the same photo...the same smug look on his face, a la; [i]I'm-not-looking-at-my-bass-and-you-know-I-think-I-just-cracked-out-a-very-smelly-fart-as-well[/i]. Right place, right time I suppose.

Dee Dee? At least the guy played and effing Precision.

Maybe I'm just tired.
P
[/quote]
Nancy, you are not a big fan of Mr Clayton....I can sense these things!

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1410292293' post='2547965']

Chris Lakin has made him a jazz in the same livery.
[/quote]
I can't see how you can have a signature model for a player that plays something else and doesn't really have a 'known' instrument in a specific colour? Anyone want a black Hank Marvin signature series Gibson Les Paul for example? Pointless Fender tat for the over 50's with spare cash to impress less informed friends, looks a nice bass but its easy enough to pick up a nice Jazz bass and I'd take a Lakland over a Fender anyway!

I love Dee Dee but I wonder what he'd think about having a signature Fender? He'd probably be happy, so long as he got paid.
Interestingly he switched to ESP basses in the mid eighties after getting fed up with the declining quality of Fenders. (though he could have said that 'coz ESP encouraged him to).

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1410293453' post='2547989'](go on, do this) a quick search on his name in Google images just seems to show hundreds of the same photo...the same smug look on his face, a la; [i]I'm-not-looking-at-my-bass-and-you-know-I-think-I-just-cracked-out-a-very-smelly-fart-as-well[/i]. Right place, right time I suppose.

[/quote]

I did. You're right! He does look very happy with himself. On a related note, there is apparently a footballer with the same name whose beard matches his teams blue and white striped kit!

Surely not a coincidence that this happens when edge and bonio join fenders board but he has had a fender sig before - a master built sparkly gold precision

That one reminds me of the Sherwood green jazz he played on the NYD video and also the vertigo tour-read that he swaps rosewood necks for maple as it's easier to see the dots on maple apparently

I would of killed for a Dee Dee Fender budget line P 20-30 years ago when a Squier wasn't really cool to have and a real Fender was way over the budget for my 25 quid a week apprenticeship pay.

I'm now in the over 50's target market for these, so lets how they are priced :)
Never say never...

spelling edit lol.

Edited by Highfox