Why become a member? ×

Fender US 2004 P/J Precision - Now Sold
£650

Lozz196

ITEM NOW SOLD One 2004 US Precision, with Villex P/J Pickups and Villex sweepable mids tone control.

Great player, sounds fantastic, the Villex pickups are pretty hot, and the sweepable tone control, rather than cutting highs, just scoops the mids, so with the combination of the P & J pickups, this is a really versatile bass. For the weight-conscious, it`s exactly 9lbs.

Comes with Fender hard case and case-candy.

Ok, are there any the bad bits? Well as shown in the pics there are a couple of little dings on the bodywork. On the back of the neck there are some incredibly fine cracks in the poly/varnish/whatever it is. These don`t affect the playability at all. I`ve tried to capture this in the pic of the back of the neck but whether or not you can see it from there is whether your eyes are good enough. Like I say, these are incredibly fine.

So £630 gets this to your door, within the UK. Happy with bank transfer or Paypal (ne fees ta) or cash on collection. If you do collect I`ll of course knock off the cost of the courier. And if you`re not too far away but can`t drive I`ll hand-deliver for the above price, and a cuppa/bikkie.

No trades thanks, am offloading gear.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1410460294' post='2549745']
Deja Vu??? You selling a P bass... ;) ;)
[/quote]

Some things are set in stone Mick, like the sun rising in the east, and me buying/selling P-Basses................

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1410690742' post='2551910']
Hi Lozz

Ooh that is nice. I assume at 9lbs it has no neck dive?

How would you characterise the sound from the Villex setup, and how are the onboard controls configured?

Cheers

Gareth
[/quote]

No neck dive Gareth, it`s a nicely balanced bass all round. The Villex pickups are more modern sounding than regular Fender, more articulate. And more aggressive too. The controls are volume/volume/tone (which is mid scoop/boost).

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1410695558' post='2551993']
Nice bass Lozz. How many P's will this leave in the stable?

For others' interest (as my rack is full) is this a P or J neck?
[/quote]

It will leave me with just 3 Dave. Re the neck, Precision all the way. Regular width, not too chunky in depth.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Foxx' timestamp='1410855812' post='2553794']
NIce, looks even better with the tort guard on than it did the black one!
[/quote]

Thanks Ben, yes a genuine Fender tort guard at that (and added tug-bar for vintagey looks). Shame I`m having to sell this as it really does what I wanted, but funds are needed elsewhere unfortunately.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1410989169' post='2555467']
Thanks Ben, yes a genuine Fender tort guard at that (and added tug-bar for vintagey looks). Shame I`m having to sell this as it really does what I wanted, but funds are needed elsewhere unfortunately.
[/quote]

I know the situation well, been there myself. :(

• 2 weeks later...