Why become a member? ×

(Re)Mixing Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

OK then for my sins I have had a bash at this ,

https://soundcloud.com/lurksalot/london-zulu-lurks-remix

I quite like it , but then I have had it running through my head burning its signature on my brain :D

superb track, thanks to Nige and the rest if the guys and gals for letting us play with it , I hope you enjoy my ideas :)

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1412288962' post='2567645']...
I quite like it ...
[/quote]

Wodja mean 'I quite like it'..? It's excellent..! Yet another interpretation; I wonder just how many versions could be woven from this yarn..? It proves, somehow, the intrinsic quality of the source, I reckon.
I'm not sure that it'll be possible (or maybe even advisable..?) to attempt choosing a 'winner' this week-end. There's not much to jettison here, so far. More still to come, too..?

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1412288962' post='2567645']
...I have had it running through my head burning its signature on my brain :D
[/quote]

Haha! I know that EXACT feeling :D I had this track in my head for weeks/months (!) whilst working on it.

PS: well done for having a crack at this mate. Looking forward to giving it a listen.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1412292952' post='2567678']I'm not sure that it'll be possible (or maybe even advisable..?) to attempt choosing a 'winner' this week-end. There's not much to jettison here, so far. More still to come, too..?
[/quote]

No rush Doug! Voting doesn't start until 1st November ;)

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1412288962' post='2567645']
OK then for my sins I have had a bash at this ,

[url="https://soundcloud.com/lurksalot/london-zulu-lurks-remix"]https://soundcloud.c...ulu-lurks-remix[/url]

I quite like it , but then I have had it running through my head burning its signature on my brain :D

superb track, thanks to Nige and the rest if the guys and gals for letting us play with it , I hope you enjoy my ideas :)
[/quote]

That's f***ing weird. I dig it!

[quote name='ironside1966' timestamp='1412968523' post='2573811']
Have I got this right? When we have done our mix we post a link direct to here from Sound cloud, we do not send Skol303 the track and we can post them any time you want so long as it is before the deadline.
[/quote]

Yep, you got it! Just post a link to your remix (on SoundCloud) in this thread once you're finished :)

[quote name='JamesFlashG' timestamp='1412971663' post='2573848']
i have decided to make a start on one haha i think my chosen style may not go down to well with the community here but I'm having fun at least! :D great song, there is a lot of options with this i think.
[/quote]

Good to hear! The more original the better, so don't hold back ;)

[quote name='ironside1966' timestamp='1413136944' post='2575206']
Here it is my remix...
[/quote]

Aha..! The saga takes yet another twist and turn. A complete rearrangement into which has gone a lot of thought and work, with completely new instruments. There's some serious stuff going on in there. Well done, sir; well done.

I've just had a VERY quick listen to each entry thus far - quite literally hitting 'play' in the middle of each track just to test the water, so to speak - and wow, the word 'eclectic' springs to mind!

Really good work guys. It's great to hear how you've each approached it in your way, which is what this particular challenge is all about.

I'm looking forward to giving these a proper listen in due course.

In the meantime, there's still plenty of opportunity for anyone thinking about having a go. So if that happens to be you then get to it! :D

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='Bottle' timestamp='1413626979' post='2580253']
I've just downloaded the stems and updated my version of Reaper so I'll try to have a bash at this - never done a mix or remix before so time to try I guess!
[/quote]

Good on yer, cobber; the more the merrier..! You're in good company; every single one of us has had a very first (re...) mix to do at some point..! It's my first, too, and it didn't hurt a bit..! Looking forward to listening to your take on it... B)[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='ironside1966' timestamp='1413136944' post='2575206']
Here it is my remix.
[url="https://soundcloud.com/is1966/hoshe-mamba-london-zulu-ironside1966-mix"]https://soundcloud.c...ronside1966-mix[/url]
[/quote]
Like this :)

Nice bassline, really drives the song along

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1413629748' post='2580285']
Good on yer, cobber; the more the merrier..! You're in good company; every single one of us has had a very first (re...) mix to do at some point..! It's my first, too, and it didn't hurt a bit..! Looking forward to listening to your take on it... B)
[/quote]
I can't say it'll be fresh or orginal but I'll try and pull something out of the hat. Just want to to do something that reflects the quality of the original source tracks and the vibe of the song

OK, so I've got all the tracks imported into Reaper now, and sort of organised into sensible track groupings. I've even been able to route Nigel's deliciously subby bassline out of my interface, through my re-amping box and into my combo.....ooops letting out all my secrets now hehehe. Now to try mic'ing a pair of 12" PA cabs......

A dull Saturday afternoon has suddenly become much more interesting....

[quote name='Bottle' timestamp='1413634968' post='2580367']
OK, so I've got all the tracks imported into Reaper now, and sort of organised into sensible track groupings. I've even been able to route Nigel's deliciously subby bassline out of my interface, through my re-amping box and into my combo.....ooops letting out all my secrets now hehehe. Now to try mic'ing a pair of 12" PA cabs......

A dull Saturday afternoon has suddenly become much more interesting....
[/quote]

Do me a favour Ian, can you Mellodyne my bass line to correct all those bloody timing errors :D

Edited by xilddx