Why become a member? ×

(Re)Mixing Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1414705772' post='2592586']
A quick heads up that entries must be finished and posted in this thread - as SoundCloud links - by midnight tomorrow (Friday).

There's still time to have a go if you're working on something. But not much. So look busy ;)
[/quote]

Cheers! I'll upload tomorrow afternoon :)

got it finished rushed through it this morning to complete what i had already done so not really a great arrangement and not a lot of time to work on actual sounds, mixing or mastering i did a quick bit of each (not that i really know how to) lol. I feel like have committed a bit of a crime with what i have done to this song, it did not really turn out how i planned! :ph34r:

https://soundcloud.com/simplexsounds/october-remix-bc

[quote name='Bottle' timestamp='1414708049' post='2592631']Aaaaand I'm done![/quote]
[quote name='JamesFlashG' timestamp='1414765593' post='2593103']but it was fun, thought i would add that![/quote]

Well done guys! :) I haven't listened to them yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1414710830' post='2592678']Cheers! I'll upload tomorrow afternoon [/quote]

C'mon Milty, we're all waiting! :P

Seriously though.... no rush. You've got until late tonight to get it finished. And if not by then, just upload it over the weekend and I'll add it to the running order once the voting has started - no problem.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1414765930' post='2593105']
Well done guys! :) I haven't listened to them yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

C'mon Milty, we're all waiting! :P

Seriously though.... no rush. You've got until late tonight to get it finished. And if not by then, just upload it over the weekend and I'll add it to the running order once the voting has started - no problem.
[/quote]

I'm just enjoying a coffee. After that, I'll upload my mix :)

However, having listened to some of the other mixes, mine will just be making up the numbers :lol:

[quote name='JamesFlashG' timestamp='1414765554' post='2593102']
got it finished rushed through it this morning to complete what i had already done so not really a great arrangement and not a lot of time to work on actual sounds, mixing or mastering i did a quick bit of each (not that i really know how to) lol. I feel like have committed a bit of a crime with what i have done to this song, it did not really turn out how i planned! :ph34r:

[url="https://soundcloud.com/simplexsounds/october-remix-bc"]https://soundcloud.c...ctober-remix-bc[/url]
[/quote]
Impressive! It always amazes me how people find some subtle nuance that I completely overlooked and strip it down and tighten it all back up agan :P love it!

[quote name='Bottle' timestamp='1414779973' post='2593282']

Impressive! It always amazes me how people find some subtle nuance that I completely overlooked and strip it down and tighten it all back up agan :P love it!
[/quote]

Thanks, yeah as you can see I wanted to completely change style and upped the tempo quite abit, I think I took it too far with the heavier synth part I made, I created that part because I was struggling to cut up the vocals to make a chorus sounding part that suited the style I was going for. After that I sort of ran out of ideas in terms of where to with the piece and how to end it so I'm not too happy with the arrangement I used for the second half because of time constraints, but it's all good fun and I all ways learn new things every time I do something like this! For me the thing I like to focus on the most is the sound quality of what I'm creating as much as the material so I spend a lot of time playing with plugins to try and achieve what I want but can never get to the 'industry' standard of quality in my sounds but maybe one day :P

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1414856493' post='2594017']
While we're waiting, here's a rather spectacular remix of... erm... Famous musician, Jeremy Clarkson...[/quote]

Thanks, but I'd have preferred a bit of nice music. :([size=4] [/size]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1414838781' post='2593787']
WELL DONE EVERYONE! :)

I'll launch the voting sometime today.
[/quote]
Voted too!

Superlative efforts this month, but only one mix really 'clicked' for me (and it wasn't my own either hehehehe). Very hard being objective after having played around with the track so much in the last two weeks, but I found the mix that summed up the [i]raison d'etre[/i] of the music for me :)

[size=4]Voted, after much deliberation, and quite some burning of the midnight oil. Obviously a personal choice, complicated by the persistent and totally immodest nagging thought that, overall, I really preferred my own version..! Still, one must play the game, and must admit that I have, nevertheless, a great admiration for many of the interpretations here. Which did I go for..? Ah, that would be telling... and it is told here. For those not wishing to know, close your eyes at this point and back slowly away. I'll call out when you can re-open your eyes... :mellow:[/size]
[size=4][spoiler] As stated, much introspection, but I was finally swayed by the lurksalot version, with the astute re-arranging of the lines and rhythms, coupled with the un-cluttered voicing and introduction of 'air' into the mix. I was, in truth, going to go for the Bottle one, but I couldn't support any longer the re-amped bass. A nice try, and an interesting twist, but the final judgement must be the ears, and, although I tried to like it, I really couldn't listen to it any more. No disrespect, lad, it's just that I have bad taste, I suppose. A shame, as the rest was impeccable. So much the better for lurks..? ;) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=4]Well done, all who contributed their take on the song, and, of course, muchos gracias, Sire xilddx and his tribal henchpersons for giving us the opportunity to mess up their fine work.[/size]
[size=4]Congratulations to all involved.[/size]

Ah Shucks Douglas , thank you dude .

I have now voted, and listening to all the treatments there is much in all of them that has great merit , maybe a mash between the lot, taking the bits I particularly liked would work :rolleyes: , well done all , it is quite amazing listening to the fruits of some peoples imagination , well done all .

Ok guys, that's a wrap! Big congratulations to Ironside and [i]all[/i] of you on a job well done.

Sorry I didn't get to wave the chequered flag on Friday night... we've been away this weekend and I've only just got back online.

I'll start cooking up the next challenge and will notify y'all here as per usual once it's ready.

Again, well done! :)

Humble apologies..! I'd taken my eye off this ball for a second, it seems, and here we are, already past the post..! Congratulations, Ironside; here's your downloadable, printable Winner's Certificate (save to disk as 'pdf'...)...

[attachment=176510:_BC_Remi_Chal_Cert_Sept_2014.pdf]

Which will look like this when printed...

[attachment=176511:_BC_Remi_Chal_Cert_Sept_2014.jpg]

... (but bigger, of course..!).

Thanks to all who listened to all the tracks[s], and thanks to all who voted mine the best of breed[/s].

Eagerly awaiting the next Challenge, and a resounding 'Yes..!' for future re-mixes; this one turned out to be a very different type of challenge from the normal format.

Onward and upward..!

I've just put the feelers out for the next one...

[b][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/249512-get-your-bands-music-mixed-for-free/"]Get your band's music mixed for free![/url][/b]

I'll give it a little while and let you all know if anyone takes interest ;) If not, I'll plunder Mike Senior's online library for something suitable.

A big thanks to everyone who voted for me, I have been certified thanks to Dad3353.
Some great entries this challenge IMHO if Scol33 had entered his remix he would have won.
I was well out of my comfort zone with this challenge I can tell you. It took a lot of trial and error to even find direction I was comfortable with. I was working on midi drums for another song when I had this silly idea to see what they would sound like with Hushe Mamba, I never thought it would work has the songs were completely different styles and rhythms but I was desperate for any sort of inspiration or direction. I did and with a little rearranging it started to feel right so I just picked up the bass and started jamming, with the modern beat and the bass line sorted the rest fell into place.
Once again a big than you to everyone involved or even just had a listen to the tracks. and a really big thank you to Scol33 for all his hard work and to London Zulu for allowing me to butcher their fine work.