Why become a member? ×

Hi from Sale

stuckinthepod

Hi all,

I've just joined after months of reading lots of great threads. I'm a relative newbie to bass playing after 20 years playing guitar (I'm in my mid thirties). I started on bass after sitting in on bass during a jam 18 months ago and having a minor revelation. I love the role of a Bass player in a band context and only wished I'd done this earlier. I moved rapidly through an Epiphone SG to Overwater/Tanglewood Classic J and now using a Ibanez SRX530 as my main instrument with a TC BG500 combo.

I joined a classic/hard rock covers band back in May and we have started gigging recently. I had zero live performance experience prior to joing the band despite always wanting to be in a band and perform. My learning curve has been a sharp one and playing in a band has been massively beneficial to my learning, playing abilities and confidence. Our third gig is on Saturday.

I look forward to chatting with some of you in the near future.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben. Nice to hear from someone not too far away.

My sister used to live in Sale (just off Brooklands Rd). I still head out that way every now and again to visit Steve, aka Manchester Guitar Tech who is a cracking fettler of guitars and basses.

You're a youngster compared to me and yet you're miles ahead in terms of gigging experience! Hope it continues to go well and that you enjoy the journey. Cheers.

Thanks inthedoghouse. I will avoid the For Sale section at all costs as I have some serious GASing at the moment. Got a Digitech Synth Wah last week and just picked up a bargain Morley Bad Horsie 2 on Ebay, primarily for guitar, but it may end up on the Bass pedalboard. Have needed to shield my eyes when reading the bank statement in recent months as I've invested in more and more gear for gigging.

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1410781270' post='2552967']
Thanks inthedoghouse. I will avoid the For Sale section at all costs as I have some serious GASing at the moment. Got a Digitech Synth Wah last week and just picked up a bargain Morley Bad Horsie 2 on Ebay, primarily for guitar, but it may end up on the Bass pedalboard. Have needed to shield my eyes when reading the bank statement in recent months as I've invested in more and more gear for gigging.
[/quote]

:) I'm sure you'll do your best to avoid the For Sale section but curiosity may get to you. It happens to all of us and then before you know it you're thinking hmmmmm and the GAS is turned on again :)

For instance, I've just made a major purchase off here but I still find myself having a peek now and then (most days) :D But you're probably made of stronger stuff than I :)

Good luck, Dave

• 3 years later...