Why become a member? ×

setting up bass and guitars

jonunders

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1410510547' post='2550121']
Look up a series of videos on YouTube by John Carruthers, I think they're on Elixir strings channel, he takes you through the basics. After some persuasion from the good folks here on BC I had my first go at it, with the JC video playing on my iPad while I did it, it's very satisfying! Last one I had done professionally was awful, took it to the same guy I've used many times, not sure if he was having an off day because he's usually very good. I didn't have time to check it when I picked it up and as he'd done plenty of stuff for me before, I didn't think there was any need, but when I got it home and played it, it was a buzzing mess. That sort of convinced me I had to learn how to do it and give it a go.
[/quote]+1 for the JC videos. Really helpful

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1410536471' post='2550551']
Well most of bass chat for a start, lol, and anyone Scottish if they have been reading that thread :D
[/quote]
Ah you can have a special 'Ray section called 'one trick ponies' just for the non-believers, and even a Barefaced section just for Russ! :-D