Why become a member? ×

Markbass Big Bang
£450

gcordez

Selling my as new Markbass head and carry bag.
Bought a couple of weeks ago from the always excellent Bass Direct and is in as new condition. Thought it would be a good alternative to lugging my Aguilar Db751 around, but in truth, i prefer the aggie and its worth the heft (but pricey!).

Bass amp costs around £550 and he carry bag is worth £79 so £450 seems a very good price to pick this up considering its basically a new amp. Sounds great, all the reviews are spot on, but at this stage I'm still into a valve amp and dont mind the get-in too much. This is an excellent example of a lightweight amp that packs a 500watt punch. Much warmer sounding than previous markbass amps and the eq is ace.

The carry bag is an excellent design, lightweight and sturdy, but also both sides unzip so you can use the amp in its carry bag. Genius.

http://www.markbass.it/product_detail.php?id=207

I don't know really but I thought all these kind of products had to have country of manufacture.
I ask because a lot of Markbass equipment is now made in Indonesia.
Places I would guess to look;
1. Label on top of amp.
2. White label, back of amp, right hand side.
3. White label partly hidden by fan cover.
4. The original box the amp came in.
Cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

On the Markbass stuff I've had, it's on a white sticker either on the side or the back. Seeing that they are made to the same spec with the same rigourous testing it wouldn't make a difference to the quality of the amp, construction or components though :)

These amps are ace though! Ridiculously low weight and quick attack like you'd expect with Class D amps like the F1, but with a warmer more natural sound like the LM series.. and I believe they have a headphone out too!

It doesn't matter where it was made, it has NO bearing on the quality... These are absolutely brilliant amps.

MSL were generous enough to lend me one of these for a few weeks when the LM2 in my combo was in for repair after being fried by the dodgy wiring in a pub.

To my ears it has a warmer tone than the LM2/3, and with a headphone socket and aux input it is so much more versatile.

I am currently considering changing my setup and may use one of these, but not quite ready to do it yet! Good luck with your sale!

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1411145349' post='2556956']
It doesn't matter where it was made, it has NO bearing on the quality... These are absolutely brilliant amps.

MSL were generous enough to lend me one of these for a few weeks when the LM2 in my combo was in for repair after being fried by the dodgy wiring in a pub.

To my ears it has a warmer tone than the LM2/3, and with a headphone socket and aux input it is so much more versatile.

I am currently considering changing my setup and may use one of these, but not quite ready to do it yet! Good luck with your sale!
[/quote]

I am very interested in this. I make no comment about the quality.
I asked simply because I am a magpie gear whore. I think the resale will be better for Italian than Indonesian.
That would probably be important to me in a few months :blush: