Why become a member? ×

Drum machine

timmo

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1410562707' post='2550953']
No
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That Korg KR thingie will do exactly what you'd expect, and at reasonable sound quality. Haven't used that exact one, but a similar one, and it worked well.

In my own case I did however notice getting bored with it, so I'm not convinced anymore that after some time, it is so much better than a metronome.

What I'd like to see though was one like just that, but with three foot switches: the chosen pattern is repeated until you press the switch for one of the other two that you've stored "under" them. Never seen one, but equipped like that, it should come in well under 100 quid.

[quote name='lowdowner' timestamp='1410596577' post='2551059']
Oh lord, I just coughed out a mouthful of tea! :)

I'm envious though, I bet it makes good phone calls, unlike my iSh*te phone!
[/quote]Too be fair to the Sony, it is clear as a bell for calls, fits perfectly in my pocket, and i don`t need to worry about U2 appearing on it. I think i may have to upgrade to an Android, as i seem to be missing out on apps.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1410598078' post='2551072']
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That Korg KR thingie will do exactly what you'd expect, and at reasonable sound quality. Haven't used that exact one, but a similar one, and it worked well.

In my own case I did however notice getting bored with it, so I'm not convinced anymore that after some time, it is so much better than a metronome.

What I'd like to see though was one like just that, but with three foot switches: the chosen pattern is repeated until you press the switch for one of the other two that you've stored "under" them. Never seen one, but equipped like that, it should come in well under 100 quid.
[/quote]In my case, it is just for giving me something extra, as i only play for my own fulfillment. I am bored just playing to a metronome at the moment. I thought it would just give me an extra option. I assume the cheaper end would be ok, plus less complex than a more expensive machine.

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1410628115' post='2551442']
Anti recommend is alesis sr16, totally wierd programming keys**. Hear Zoom ones are easier

** I'm actually a programmer by trade and I think it (the sr16) is totally illogical and counter intuitive
[/quote]

Totally agree. I bought one and struggled to learn it, never did.

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1410634555' post='2551528']
but "play" button saves your work ?
[/quote]

Hahaha! Like this Siemens ISDN phone that had dedicated buttons near the display for:
- Latest Missed Calls (very nice indeed)
- Latest Outgoing Calls (the whom-have-I-already-called-so-I-don't-really-need-a-dedicated-button-really-THAT-much-even-though-it's-a-great-feature button)

but where the function for Latest Incoming Calls (who have called me and asked me to call them back when I had thought this through and know the answer to their questions) is conveniently placed.....

...wait for it.....

...in the Phone Installation menu! :o :angry:
:D

Man, this cries for a dedicated Off Topic thread. It's so hilariously stupid!

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1410628115' post='2551442']
Anti recommend is alesis sr16, totally wierd programming keys**. Hear Zoom ones are easier

** I'm actually a programmer by trade and I think it (the sr16) is totally illogical and counter intuitive
[/quote]
This is what I use, ive never tried to programme it, lol. I just use the preset patterns for jamming along.

I've got an Alesis SR16 and can't understand why there's so many negative reviews here. I hate technology and find the SR16 really easy to use - friends I know who also have one swear by them- apparently its the best selling drum machine in the world - there must be reason for this. I saw one go for £17 on ebay recently.

Have you tried wikiloops??