Why become a member? ×

Looking for a new cab...

alstocko

Hey guys!

After spending the last 18 months with a Barefaced midget I feel that the time has arisen to look for a new cabinet.

This isn't anything to do with the cabinet, as I have to say they're some of the best that I've ever played and Alex was great with his advice (I eventually bought preowned). However, my midget just isn't suiting my tonal needs anymore.

So here goes...

I mainly play a P Bass with TI flats through a Markbass LMT, which I go from a Pino vibe to a more Michael League deal (depending on the gig), but sometimes I use a Lakland JO5 with rounds.

So, I feel like there isn't the same punch that I get when playing through 10s, but I don't want to give up too much of the lighter-weight factor.

So, any "punchier" solutions out there?

Thanks,

Alec

P.S. Sorry for the essay!

Well my fave cabs with Markbass amps are Markbass cabs, though they do sound great with Barefaced cabs too, slightly deeper and more rounded I`ve found though. I`d look at one of the Markbass 210s. I use two of their 112s and have to say I slightly preferred the sound of the Markbass 410 I had (but too heavy for me now) - and if I had to put it into words I think I`d describe it as the "punchiness" was the difference.