Why become a member? ×

Cheap bass's

patrikmarky

Glad you're giving a 'cheapo' bass a new lease of life! I use my BB424x (paid £200) almost exclusively and it holds it's own against other instruments that cost much much more!

Good tone comes from the player in my opinion anyway. A good player can make a dud sound terrific!

Truckstop

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1410687178' post='2551859']
A 'name' headstock decal only really matters to people who judge your playing by sight, not sound.
[/quote]

Not sure I really agree with this. I play my £250 Cort bass a lot and love it but when I go back to one of my customs I feel a big difference. They all have their place. For me nothing beats the neck profile of my Status S2.

Without doubt the quality of the player is what counts but a good setup contributes a great deal to. There aren't too many bad basses around these days.

My Jack and Danny Brothers J bass (£119!!) gets gigged as often as my Fender Geddy Lee - and far more often than my Status!

The quality of that bass for the money is astounding. Even if it had cost £500 I would have been impressed B)

Edited by Conan