Why become a member? ×

Levinson Blade 5-string jazz bass - SOLD
£650

bass-a-licious

[b]PRICE DROP![/b]

[b]New price: £550 [/b]

[b]SOLD[/b]

Blade Penta B25 jazz bass by Gary Levinson.

Killer jazz bass sound. In like new condition. No issues, no dings.[list]
[*]Ash body in honey burst. Very nice wood grain!
[*]Rosewood fingerboard, 21 frets.
[*]70's pickup position.
[*]Active preamp by Levinson with volume, balance, bass boost/cut, treble boost/cut.
[*]Weight 4,1 kg
[*]Scale length 34"
[*]Stringspacing 18,5mm
[/list]
Full specs: [url="http://www.bladeguitars.com/basses/b2-series/b25/"]http://www.bladeguit.../b2-series/b25/[/url]

Bass is located in the Netherlands.

Edited by bass-a-licious

Very nice looking bass!

I have a Blade B-15 and absolutely love it, especially for it's authentic jazz tones and slim neck profile, which isn't always the case on 5 string Jazz basses..

So I'm guessing this will be the same but with even more tonal variation, which is no bad thing. :)

GLWTS

[quote name='JamesTun' timestamp='1411775320' post='2562823']
Am I right in thinking that Yolanda Charles plays these? The make Blade, rather than the model.
[/quote]

Yolanda used to play an old Blade 4 string for many years. The weight of that particular bass gave her some discomfort during gigs, so she contacted Levinson about reducing the weight. She ended up with 2 new Blade basses, a four and five string in midnight blue finish, that Gary sent her to test. There are many pictures and videos of Yolanda playing her Blade basses. They really seem to fit her style.

These are great basses... I have a B2 (the 4 string version of this) and although it doesn't get much play time I'm amazed by the quality and playability every time I pick it up.

I think Blades are quite unknown because they're not available in the USA (at least they used to, don't know about now). I'd prefer this over a Fender USA Deluxe any day.

• 1 month later...