Why become a member? ×

Sunburst Slab66 Bass

slab66

Slab66 in three tone sunburst. hand wound pups, brass nut and saddles, 7.25" radius vintage C rosewood neck. paddle tuners, brown tortie pickguard and rosewood tug bar. I based this slab, 'loosely' on Wally Waller's bass. Furthermore, I wanted to see what a slab looked like in three tone sunburst as opposed to the original, 'white blonde'. The next slabs will be in some interesting colours such as Vintage Coke Red, Checker Cab yellow and Robbin Egg Blue. What larks!!!!!

Edited by slab66

[quote name='slab66' timestamp='1411034696' post='2555731']
I think I saw it up for sale a while ago. Really interesting piece nevertheless.
[/quote]

Yes, it had a slightly butched '59 Rosewood board neck on it, body was refin'd in 2-tone sunburst, most of the body accessories were original though, it was just too pricey to restore, even at a fraction of that price, especially without the all important original neck. Lots of history and stories with it though....and of course, another one traced.

Rick