Why become a member? ×

DefunkT (Gary mac) The White Hart. Hemel Hempstead. Herts.

gary mac

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1410815245' post='2553587']
I have to say, Lozz, you won't regret the journey. DefunkT are a good band. I've seen them a few times and they give a good evenings entertainment. IMHO of course
[/quote]

Thanks Richard, however, we should warn Lozz that we are really not very Punk. :)

You Ok Richard? I've pm'd you a couple of times.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1411281638' post='2558027']
Couldn`t make it in the end Gary, sorry `bout that, had band stuff to do. Hope all went well.
[/quote]
No worries Lozz, maybe next time.

We had a good night, they like their soul, disco and dance in there. Some of our more rock numbers not so well received.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1411289538' post='2558078']
No worries Lozz, maybe next time.

We had a good night, they like their soul, disco and dance in there. Some of our more rock numbers not so well received.
[/quote]

Agree, I depped for a rock-covers band in there and it was largely met in silence - and it wasn`t cos of my playing, apparently it`s always like that in there. Obviously not a rockers pub (unlike in the day when it was known as Fraggle Rock due to the odd multi-coloured haircuts that went in there, myself being one of them).

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1411297058' post='2558173']
Agree, I depped for a rock-covers band in there and it was largely met in silence - and it wasn`t cos of my playing, apparently it`s always like that in there. Obviously not a rockers pub (unlike in the day when it was known as Fraggle Rock due to the odd multi-coloured haircuts that went in there, myself being one of them).
[/quote]

:D

It caught us by surprise last night, we were playing some disco stuff and had the whole of the main floor area full of dancers, next up was Plug in Baby by Muse, by the time we got to the first chorus the floor had cleared and just about everyone had turned their backs on us.
the set list will need a tweak before our November visit.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1411323313' post='2558434']
The White Hart? Man that was my main stomping ground way back in.....OMG in the 70's.....I feel old :(

It must have changed in there, there was never room to get a band in.
[/quote]

Don't think it has changed the band area is quite bijou :)

I feel old as well mate, especially after last night when one of the drunken punters gave me abuse concerning my age. :(

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1411323313' post='2558434']
The White Hart? Man that was my main stomping ground way back in.....OMG in the 70's.....I feel old :(

It must have changed in there, there was never room to get a band in.
[/quote]

Still isn`t really Russ, think the door has changed from the 70s, but bands set up in the extreme left hand corner as you face the pub from the outside, in the front of the pub. Used to be wallmounted seats, with couple of tables in there - that`s where the bands set up now.

Not surprised to hear of the abuse Gary, some pillock in there tried that with me when I played there a few weeks back. My best Paddington Stare got the effect required.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1411334121' post='2558587']

Not surprised to hear of the abuse Gary, some pillock in there tried that with me when I played there a few weeks back. My best Paddington Stare got the effect required.
[/quote]

May be we both got heckled by the same pillock :(

I'm afraid my menacing stare is not convincing Lozz and would probably just result in me getting a wallop :D

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1411335650' post='2558606']
Yay I remember those wallmounted plush seats! Is the snug still there, hidden behind the fireplace?
[/quote]

Nah, all gone now Russ, it`s a pale imitation of itself now, is The White Hart. Shame, I spent many a night (and shilling) in there.
[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1411369889' post='2558719']
May be we both got heckled by the same pillock :(

I'm afraid my menacing stare is not convincing Lozz and would probably just result in me getting a wallop :D
[/quote]

I suppose mine is more pitbull chewing wasp Gary, I look daft & simple most of the time, but sometimes needs can bring a change. To be honest, I think the bolivian marching powder is more of an issue in there.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1411416335' post='2559393']
Nah, all gone now Russ, it`s a pale imitation of itself now, is The White Hart. Shame, I spent many a night (and shilling) in there.

I suppose mine is more pitbull chewing wasp Gary, I look daft & simple most of the time, but sometimes needs can bring a change. To be honest, I think the bolivian marching powder is more of an issue in there.
[/quote]

:D

Have to agree with you on the marching powder.