Why become a member? ×

Smoking ,don't do it people

kevvo66

Having just done a gig smoking is killing my voice fact so it's time to quit this dirty habit ,trouble I enjoy it but at what price it gonna be a struggle quitting e cigs tried them didn't work for me so cold turkey it is then last pack of cigs and I hope I am done ,so wish me luck

If it's any help, my other half gave up about 10 weeks ago and hasn't smoked, e-cigged, or chewed gum at all. After many times trying to stop this is the longest time yet and I really think this looks like the one.

Remember, regardless of what people say, it' *isn't* easy - it takes guts and willpower and effort. Hang in there... I genuinely wish you luck :)

Good luck on this, I`ve never smoked but had to give up booze, which was a nearly unthinkable thing for me to do. 7 years dry today. Put your mind to it and you will keep it up. It may get difficult at times but stick with it - the others above show it can be done.

Cold turkey, a couple of days of extreme grumpines and I was cured alright. Been clean for about 8 years now and can't ever imagine smoking again after spending most of my adult life as a serial quitter
Go for it and if you fall off the wagon get back on again and you' will stop if you really want to.

Not me, my mum. She just said she needed something, a reason to stop. When I got engaged (28 years ago!), she stopped there and then and put her fag money in a tin and gave us spending money for our honeymoon 18 months later. She said it was the reason to stop.

Set yourself a goal (new bass!), and try...every time you would buy a packet.

Me? Never even tried!

Good luck, it will probably be tough.

There will be times when your head is telling you that you really, really need a smoke, just ignore it, It's the addict part of your brain trying to fool you.

Put the fag money aside each day and you will soon have a decent amount to buy another bass. That's what I did :)

I know several smokers from my generation who have died of smoking related illness.

My wife had 13 uncles and aunts. They are all in their 80's now, well the non smokers are, all the smokers have died.

Most of the smokers I know are now on E-cigs.

If you can't give up, the only sensible thing to do is to break the link to cigarettes.