Why become a member? ×

Peavey Zodiac David Ellefson Body bridge £40 Sold
£110

For Sale is one of my favourite basses to cut a long story short the neck got broken so I am very unhappy so I have decided to sell the body I have removed the pickups as I want these for my replacement bass all the electrics and pots are still wired in to the control panel and the jack socket and its associated wiring is there also I would like to keep the control panel knobs but if you really need them let me know and I will include them, the bridge is also still on the bass and is also included as is the chrome scratch plate this bass had strap locks on but I have now put the original strap pins back on (they could use a match stick putting in as the strap lock screws were a touch bigger. Anyway I would like £40 for this please everything is included with this except the pickups and bridge :)

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1410814610' post='2553579']
Sorry to hear about the neck breakage, I've got a Scorpio and they're fantastic basses. Considering that the pickups alone would cost pretty much this price this is a bargain for a very cool project bass!
[/quote]Thanks Mr Muzz :) yep I thought it was a more than fair price it is a bargain for some one :)

Have you not tried the neck from your Peavey Millennium Bass on it to see if it would work? That's what I would try then sell off the loaded body from the Millennium bass :)
If I had a spare £110 I'd snap this up as I'm a huge DE fan. Is there anything you'd take in trade for it?

Good luck dude and sorry to hear about the neck

Edited by SmallDawg

[quote name='SmallDawg' timestamp='1410888593' post='2554387']
Have you not tried the neck from your Peavey Millennium Bass on it to see if it would work? That's what I would try then sell off the loaded body from the Millennium bass :)
If I had a spare £110 I'd snap this up as I'm a huge DE fan. Good luck dude and sorry to hear about the neck
[/quote] I mate not tried that neck but to be honest it is a new bass so dont want to steal the neck from it as I need to raise some funds hence the sale :( but thanks for your kind words :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1410888779' post='2554389']
I mate not tried that neck but to be honest it is a new bass so dont want to steal the neck from it as I need to raise some funds hence the sale :( but thanks for your kind words :)
[/quote]

That's fair enough mate, I totally understand you not wanting to do that. I've literally just been scouring eBay for bass necks haha.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1410854786' post='2553782']
The width is 63mm so standard fit and the depth is 20mm :)
[/quote]

Thanks mate. Wondering if it would suit a nice fretless maple J neck... heresy, for sure, and I'd have to break it to move it on, but even so...

Would it look horrible? I can't see what it would look like.

Bloody hell, Paul, how did you manage to break the neck???

Is it a terminal break or one that could be repaired by a respectable luthier?
I know a guy who snapped the head off a Les Paul and managed to get it repaired, you can't tell there was ever an issue with it now.

[quote name='Osiris' timestamp='1410899152' post='2554547']
Bloody hell, Paul, how did you manage to break the neck???

Is it a terminal break or one that could be repaired by a respectable luthier?
I know a guy who snapped the head off a Les Paul and managed to get it repaired, you can't tell there was ever an issue with it now.
[/quote] Its a long story mate but yep the neck is dead but such is life eh mate :)

I'm so tempted to take this but I need to buy a bass head! i've got some Seymour Duncan Steve Harris pick ups that would go perfect in this AND a high mass bridge!
Is there ANYTHING you would be interested to take in trade? maple P bass neck? Dimarzio Will Power neck pick up?