Why become a member? ×

Hello from Bucks!

draughtsman

Hi all,
I'm from Bucks, outside London.
As user name implies, I'm a CAD draughtsman/Designer/Engineer working for myself.

Venturing back into the land of Bass after a long sabbatical due to family, work & life LOL!

Started off when I were a lad at school, fist bass was a Hondo Precision copy, followed by a Westone Thunder 1.
Reluctantly sold everything when he need for a house arose, but looking to get back into it.

Currently looing or a budget bass to begin with to get going, restricted budget of up to £150 (£200 max)
Any recommendations, advice more than welcome, also if anyone selling something.

Other interests include custom cars & V8's, currently have a project car in the garage.

Cheers, Lee.

Hey Lee, and welcome!

There's tons of advice on here in addition to a rich marketplace. Should be no problem getting a good second hand one for that price. Oft mentioned ones are Yamaha, Ibanez, Vintage, Squier VM series, Squier CV series as well as J&D, but there are enough others.

Enjoy the forum!

best,
bert

Hi All,
Many thanks for the welcome.
Yep, have been browsing the for sale section, & also the dreaded Flea Bay.

I'm after something different from a Precision or Jazz style.

I have been looking at Corts, Spetors, particularly keen on Thunderbirds & a few others
I need something that the neck s not to big/wide as my hands & fingers are not that big.
Mick: Got your message, sent reply.

Once again, thanks for the welcome.
Cheers, Lee.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note to say so many thanks to Mickeyboro on here for all his recent help & reassurance & it was such a pleasure to meet him.
A real genuine & nice guy.

scojack, Wow, The Nags Head, its still here, not quite the same though. One highlight was me & my mates getting into the Nags at the
tender age of 17 getting in through the door then through & up the back stairs to watch The Nashville Teens & everyone joining in with "Tobacco Road" Lol!!

• 2 weeks later...